Tips for lining up the lower control arms?

Tiago

:
02 Protege 5
Man I have had a nightmare changing my ball joints because I have to change the control arms at the same time.

basically I had an issue with a nut in the frame breaking loose. This has been remedied by welding a new nut into place.

but now I can't get the rear part of the control arm to line up. (the part where the bolt goes vertically up through the control arm and a plate that is secured by 3 other fasteners.)

are there any tips? I tried jacking up from the ball joint to simulate ride height. but the hole is probably an inch off from the bolt, but I do have the front horizontal bolt installed

is there an order to where I should be putting bolts first.

Pic included so you can understand my frustration.. hopefully you have been there before and can save me some time.
Untitled_zpsf121a1ad.png

I had the same problem last year,.. I loosened the bolts on the bracket to give things more slack,.. as well as the ride height simulator,.. I think I put a huge vise grip on the bolt head so I could twist and push (be careful about cross threading).

It was a real pain in the ass,.. swearing and hitting stuff helped me through it,..

Back