What have you done to your P5 today?

Discovered the glorious usefulness of a girlfriend with a dealer mechanic for a father.

Free: synthetic oil change, new oil filter, new air filter, better wiring, new headlight sockets, cleaned terminals, transmission fluid change, excess refrigerant pulled from A/C, OBD code advisement ("better than my crappy '$5 on Amazon' BT Adapter"), and repair advisement! All for the wondrous price of $0.00 and an advisement to ensure my girl's well-being "or...you know."

Learned a lot! Getting a subscription to the DIY version AllData because it seems to be quite useful. (wiggle)

Edit: Should probably mention he did it at the dealership and in the amount of time it'd take me to get the car jacked up if I were to do it myself. Could I have done it myself? Sure, but if it's free, then it's for me. And besides, building that rapport...very much essential.

Last edited:
Found out my HID converted oem fogs have no place to be running the MSP lip. Not modding lip for them and too big to fit on either side of license plate behind lower grill soooooooooooooooo......probably gonna sell the setup. BUT.............found these and will be checking to see if they can he hacked a bit to fit in place of delete grills. Gonna make something that can be HID work in place of or with modded deletes.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Also ditching the oem horn for supertones.....

Oh yeah, bought this................
Perrin.jpg

.......to go in here......................
323F_mtr_01.JPG

.......even tho this needs some 22v and some small square HID housings...........
image.jpg

Couldn't pass up the Perrin setup.....****** mod bug still biting after 12 yrs!

Lemme know which hid housings you end up with. I was gonna use my deletes but hid fogs wouod be better.

Found out my HID converted oem fogs have no place to be running the MSP lip. Not modding lip for them and too big to fit on either side of license plate behind lower grill soooooooooooooooo......probably gonna sell the setup. BUT.............found these and will be checking to see if they can he hacked a bit to fit in place of delete grills. Gonna make something that can be HID work in place of or with modded deletes.

So, the MSP lip I just bought won't fit with OEM fogs in place unless I modify it?

Also ditching the oem horn for supertones.....

Lemme know which hid housings you end up with. I was gonna use my deletes but hid fogs wouod be better.
Also looking at these......and no, won't be using the 8000k bulbs. I has 5000k and 3000k bulbs to use already. Just after some suitable housings.

I think I can mod the mounting plate to bolt up to metal behind opening for fog delete. Need to compare dimensions and such. Hoping something like this will be close enough to have these in place of delete grills and they fill in area same amount. Not settling on klugy fit or look tho. If nothing else, will get some thin rectangle housings and hang them from crash bar behind lower grill on either side of license plate.

Last edited:
Got my 02 pro auto out on the highway yesterday. Just finished a flush on the ps with amsoil low viscosity ATF, new IM with VTCS delete, and cut the egr tube put a filter on it then plugged the exhaust manifold. 6 out of the 8 hours on the road I was going 78-80 mph. Got 29.4 mpg up from 24-25. F-ing sweet. Car runs smoothly at idle and took all hills without any downshifts. Drove from austin area to Houston tx.

Changed the oil and filter. Also put a Mazda Tribute intermittant wiper switch in along with a new headlight switch. Wipers work great but the headlight switch still didnt fix my high beam issue which means th harness is f'd up somewhere.

In related news, after i bolted the steering wheel back on and drove it, it wasnt straight (bang)(bang)(bang)

Oh i forgot to mention also that my knock sensor and oil pressure sensor on the back of th engine have oil leaking from them..great.

image_zps3qa09idh.jpg
finally started wrapping my car. Did so much body work and sanding, the paint was in terrible condition but once Im done, you wont even be able to tell

Just did the rear sway bar links, pain in my ass. Striped a bolt so had to use the dremel to cut the bolt and finally got it out. Drive a lil smoother.

yesterday I pulled the engine out of one, and today i stuck it in another. now i have the long road ahead to reinstall all the little parts. engine should be able to start this week though if i can find the alternator tension adjustment block. i have two, i know i do, but one seems to be missing =( bolt broke off in the one i tried to install which was PRETTY annoying.. ill prob hold off installing the intake manifold til i get that peice in there.. dont really wanna be crawling around on my back if i dont have to.

this week, aside from cleaning up my property and trying to bolt parts to the good p5, i have to paint two doors silver. possibly a front bumper just so i dont have to deal with the damage to the silver one.. we will see. should have a pretty mint p5 by the end of the project though. msp gonna be pretty jealous.

ps, that vinyl looks badass, but id be so worried about anyone so much as brushing past the car... i imagine its pretty easy to scuff and dull it. making me want to do it to the roof though..

Last edited:
What catch can/reservoir is that?
Weapon R.......this one wasn't really set up right for coolant to go back and forth due to port being up on top but pushed a piece of silicone vacuum hose thru the port down to bottom of the jug and it pulls back and forth just fine. They have ones with port on bottom but they did not have site glass to see lvl inside. They also have different shaped ones (more expensive too) that do have sight glass and port on bottom of jug. The smaller can to the left is my catch can and it is OBX. I have since relocated it behind the battery by the wiper motor just so it wasn't so cramped in that area under the intake tube and so hoses weren't so crammed upintheya................

Last edited:
Back