Very unhealthy sound NEED help!!!!!!!

Black_03 P5

:
Mazda protege5 2003
Hello everyone,

So on my way home from work I though I heard an odd sounds coming from my engine bay. Well there is 100% a very unhealthy sounds coming from their and I have no idea what it is or could be. The only work that has been done to this car that has not been done by myself was getting the AC flushed and recharged witch happened only 2 days ago. I'm hoping this problem is a fix i can do myself and wont have to have a mechanic.

Heres a video of the sound and where i think it is coming from [video]http://vid1273.photobucket.com/albums/y408/Griff676/Mazda/IMG_0615_zps800af12f.mp4[/video]

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

that sounds like a radiator fan hitting its housing, or something hitting something sounds plasticy to me

hm, it honestly sounds like something big and plastic has come loose and is banging against something, check your undercover and make sure its not slapping the engine. it maybe internal engine, is it running ok other than the noise? and does the noise get worse with acceleration?

So after spending all day going through the all the belts checking everything plastic to see if it hit anything I still cant find this what is making this sounds!!

Please I'm now out of idea of thing to check sounds still here need advice!!

rerecord the video and focus the camera where the sound is the most this will help someone here try to help you narrow down the area to look in, and its most likely your timing cover has come loose ever so slightly, put pressure against it and see if the sound goes away, thats what happened with me

rerecord the video and focus the camera where the sound is the most this will help someone here try to help you narrow down the area to look in, and its most likely your timing cover has come loose ever so slightly, put pressure against it and see if the sound goes away, thats what happened with me

i agree 100% with him, when you moved closer to the engine the sound got louder, timing cover maybe loose

ok so the top left bolt hole has a crack through it but the rest of it is solid and all the bolts are tight. Could this crack be the problem if so is it ok to drive with out a cover on there for a little while till i find a new cover?

i personally would not drive my car with a loose timing cover as it could get a rock or debris in the timing belt or other components in there and screw something up

Update. So I took off my valve cover to remove the timing cover and this is what i found i'm 99% sure this could be the cause of my problem
IMG_0623_zpsf649c306.jpg
IMG_0622_zpseaee5066.jpg

Try running now and see if the noise is gone now that the cover is off, if it doesn't make any noise then you found your problem

I'm curious as to how the hell it got all melted on the side that mounts to block. That's weird

Update so ding ding ding we got a winning the timing cover was making the noise and after replacing the top one with a new one and going on a nice drive their is no more sound!!!!! WOOHOO So hopefully i will be good for a while now with out any more problems.
Huge thanks to Kms1990 and Fresco with out you guys I would have never pulled off that timing cover. Still would be going crazy trying to figure out what it still could be

Back