The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I approve of the purchase of a 2014 3 for a DD. I spend barely anything in fuel and having a dealer serviced car is glorious. I sat there, watched Top Gear and ate a snack while they gave me a synthetic oil change (0w20) rotated my tires, washed the car (was looking pretty rough), and did an inspection. All for $35. It would have costed me more to do the oil change myself.

It's that mixed with no self control or throttle control, and yes, that means wheel spin in the snow. Idiots.....
lol
LOL over $20k for a used Mazda that isn't an FD? Good luck! From what I've seen a lot are jumping ship for the new Fords. It's only a matter of time before we start to see "I oversteered my new Ecoboost Mustang around a tree..." stories.
No depreciation FTW! One guy had close to 80k miles, went zzb around 40k and wanted close to $20k but would still owed $2k towards the lean so you'd have to wait for the title.
I approve of the purchase of a 2014 3 for a DD. I spend barely anything in fuel and having a dealer serviced car is glorious. I sat there, watched Top Gear and ate a snack while they gave me a synthetic oil change (0w20) rotated my tires, washed the car (was looking pretty rough), and did an inspection. All for $35. It would have costed me more to do the oil change myself.

I would definitely check them out if I were in the market. 6 specs 3 Specs After looking at the specs, the '14 3 is the same size as my '04 6. Except of course for the wagon part and all that extra cargo. If you compare sedans, the old 6 only has 3 cu. ft. more.

Unless there was a good deal to be had I don't think I'd go with the 2.5, I'd look at the 6 or even the Focus ST. First on my list would be the Acura ILX wagon Because Wagon Life! But hopefully I won't be in the market for a while.

Having the right tune for the car makes all the difference in reference to what Thomas is saying. My accellerator pedal hits a brick wall once I reach 3500rpm (where I would go WOT with the big turbo), and you actually have to try to get into boost at that point. Ecu controlled DBW FTW

No problem.

And all I have to say is WTF to everyone posting their MS3's for sale. I've seen about 4 on Facebook for over $20k. Don't buy what you can't afford kids!

Not sure if you saw mine, and are referring to that as well. But I sold it for 20k to a dealership. I could afford it (it was paid off) I just have other priorities that can use the money more than the car right now (things change over 2 years).

I could see myself dd'ing this 3: http://www.byersmazda.com/new/Mazda/2014-Mazda-Mazda3-columbus-9b6d16780a0a0049619e6b2bb3e3ce0d.htm
150546365412907d5a1d17d229f55eb5x.jpg

a95a9f16f39535ca66ec45b091e3bc9ax.jpg

30acea3da11df6017d34798b60388de8x.jpg

maybe not with an auto though

Not sure if you saw mine, and are referring to that as well. But I sold it for 20k to a dealership. I could afford it (it was paid off) I just have other priorities that can use the money more than the car right now (things change over 2 years).

No I wasn't. You had a '13 pretty stock, clean, low miles car if I remember right so $20k was spot on to when I was looking at last winter. Not 50k plus miles, 2nd engine, random mods etc. like I'm seeing on the various Mazda Facebook groups.

They were still celebrating Sat morning at OSU?

I saw that same soul red 3 with the same "appearance package" out in AR. Salesman told me they had already sold one equipped like that so they fitted another with it. Looks very sharp in person.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mazda3(1).jpeg
    Mazda3(1).jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 8,460
  • Mazda3.jpeg
    Mazda3.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 4,321
They were still celebrating Sat morning at OSU?

I saw that same soul red 3 with the same "appearance package" out in AR. Salesman told me they had already sold one equipped like that so they fitted another with it. Looks very sharp in person.

It was the official fan celebration with the team back in Columbus. That does look good, just needs lowering springs and nicer exhaust tips. What did you end up picking up?

Ah, I thought they would have done that the weekend after the big game. Congrats again, the Buckeyes deserved the win and it let's the world know that the Big Ten is back! :)

Def. needs some bigger tips to fill out that rear end and all like all Mazdas, lowering springs are a necessity. ;) Got an 08 Special Edition Miata. Rather than ***** pics out here, you can see them in my thread. Fell in love with the color combo when I saw it. The dark brown interior is in a word 'awesome'. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123846206-Jeff-s-2008-Special-Edition-Build-Thread

U
lol

No depreciation FTW! One guy had close to 80k miles, went zzb around 40k and wanted close to $20k but would still owed $2k towards the lean so you'd have to wait for the title.

I would definitely check them out if I were in the market. 6 specs 3 Specs After looking at the specs, the '14 3 is the same size as my '04 6. Except of course for the wagon part and all that extra cargo. If you compare sedans, the old 6 only has 3 cu. ft. more.

Unless there was a good deal to be had I don't think I'd go with the 2.5, I'd look at the 6 or even the Focus ST. First on my list would be the Acura ILX wagon Because Wagon Life! But hopefully I won't be in the market for a while.

Where can I get an ILX wagon?

I didn't mind going to Cincy cause we could go to a Reds' game too. It will be nice that it's closer but I know I'm going to be dragged there more often.

I didn't mind going to Cincy cause we could go to a Reds' game too. It will be nice that it's closer but I know I'm going to be dragged there more often.

Why don't we send them together? They can have a girls' day with the kids and we can sit at a bar or work on a car.

LMAO There's an Ikea about an hour from me near Philly but I've never set foot in the store. Maybe that is a good thing.

I guess.

So Ikea is coming to Columbus in about 2 years, it will be nice having a savings account until then.

There are people down here complaining about the loss of business. I've been there a half-dozen times in the seven years I've lived here. I can't say I've ever bought anything though. What's with the Swedes and everything being low to/on the floor?

Back