100K MP5 Club

I can't take all the credit for my millage but I got 230,000 on my p5. She's still pushing hard to!

About to roll over 169-170k miles on original engine (swapped trans for 626, highly recommend). The old girl's tired but she's going. Burning/leaking a bunch of oil so there's going to be a rebuild or KL swap in her future as long as I keep the shell rust free... And as long as I keep it.

210k and climbing quickly here. I commute about 110 miles each way to work (a little over 1k per week), average 33-35 mpg. Original everything, no check engine lights and the only rust is a little surface rust on the sides of the roof from where the previous owner had a bike rack attached to the roof rack and it chipped the paint a little. It's kind of beat up from previous owner (high school girl, need i say more) but for a $2k car i can't complain.

Bought it last year at almost 170k. Had to replace a vacuum valve for a check engine light when i bought it ($40) for idle tumbler something or another... Didn't seem to affect anything but i don't like the light being on. The timing belt broke at about 195k so spent an afternoon replacing that, but otherwise has been a good car. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and drive it anywhere.

138k on mine which is a 02. I have no idea on what was replaced during that time. I just purchased it last week.

Since purchase I swapped the air filter, plugs, battery and put in a new stereo. The previous alpine unit was only playing through the right speakers. The one I added was $20 at Walmart and has the radio and Bluetooth. I love this vehicle and it seems to be in decent shape.

I bought it to keep miles off my 2016 Wrangler unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm almost to 210k on my 2002 P5. It's tired, it's rusty, but I love it. I just bought a 2003 P5 from a salvage yard that a friend works at. It has some damage to the driver's side front fender area, broken bumper cover, headlight and foglight. All repairable. The best part is that it only had 42k original miles. It starts easily and is as smooth as a sewing machine. My dilemma is that I drive a 5-speed, and the 2003 is an automatic. I love the manual transmission, but the new car's body is clean and rust free, with the exception of the crash damage.

What would you do? Fix the crash damage and drive a car with only 42k miles? Or swap motors?

My car was daily driver for quite awhile up until 2009 and was right around 90k.......fast forward to today. It rarely gets driven, just enough to keep alive and enjoy break from driving the truck. Mostly an around the neighborhood errand thing garage queen. Not even on 96k. Might take another 5 yrs to get to 100k. Funny doing oil changes based on time instead of mileage. And no, mods and projects haven't stopped, just no 60 mile commuting on any daily basis and only in nice weather.

Last edited:
don't you start feeling bad for it just sitting there? lol.
No. You get used to it. I've got 5 cars that rarely get driven. My cobra has less than 5000 miles in six years.

That said my p5 is closing in on 200k

I got 230,000 Km on mine. All stock and original clutch. I'm taking it across Canada east to west in a few days. I hope it survives! I got a lot of love for this car.

I am around 212k on mine. Original motor, clutch, transmission. Leaks or burns oil but not a whole lot. Daily drive it 50miles each day. Just got a forester also but that car is reserved for going into the woods/mountains, otherwise the p5 is the go to for all driving. Ill drive it until it decides to say no more.

2003 P5 MT with just over 130k on the clock

also finally stopped lurking and registered!

edit: checking back to report 155k on the clock and still running like a top. Finally getting around to replacing the rear and right front motor mount after replacing the front mount. should have done the front and rear at the same time, but it's only now gotten to be a pain, and that thunk on takeoff is just off putting.

Last edited:
Just hit 170k the other day on the original motor and transmission, averaging about 1700 miles a month.

Mine had 175 k original miles till I swapped for the Jdm motor with around 45-65k miles on it 😁

Back