What have you done to your P5 today?

Don't think color will chip, they're anodized. But there are torque marks on them already, just from test fitting the wheels once

EDIT: I may have over-torqued them. checking back on the manufacturer's website, max torque should be 65lb/ft for aluminum lug nuts. I torqued them to 80 :p

Last edited:
How yellow are the mutekis? I wanted something close to the car color, that's why I ended up with these. They look good, don't get me wrong, they just don't seem like they will hold up

I don't know. Mine are like a gunmetal chrome color. Any other color would show chipping a lot more because steel nuts are just coated, not anodized.

...Gave away almost all the rest of my P5 parts this weekend. Slightly sad to see them go, but glad to see them going to people who plan to use them and REALLY glad to not have to pack and move them in a couple of weeks!

...Gave away almost all the rest of my P5 parts this weekend. Slightly sad to see them go, but glad to see them going to people who plan to use them and REALLY glad to not have to pack and move them in a couple of weeks!

You don't happen to have any 03.5 MSP lip fog delete grilles do you?

Went to try and replace the turn signal on one of my JDM tails and found out that 1156A bulbs are not the proper bulb, despite a cross reference and a thread here on M247 claiming it is.

The 1156A has two nubs (knobs?) on the base of the bulb that are 180 from eachother, whereas the stock PW215 or whatever bulb I got with them has an angle of more like 160-170 between the nubs, so just enough that the bulbs I bougjt wont fit.

Any ideas on if I need to just get whatever the european bulb in it is or am i missing something?

I can't recall off the top of my head which bulb I used. I just took the bulb in to autozone and got the one that most resembled it.

Last edited:
Ill take it out and bring it to O'Reillys and see if they can source the right bulb.

Weird how just slightly different the bulb is..

I went to O'Reillys and the number on my bulb was PY215 i think, but it came out to be a 7507 bulb and fits perfectly.

As far as i knew 1156A just means Amber. But regardless, the 7507 is what fits my tails.

Maybe there is subtle differences in the JDM/EDM tails as far as bulb sizes?

I went to O'Reillys and the number on my bulb was PY215 i think, but it came out to be a 7507 bulb and fits perfectly.

As far as i knew 1156A just means Amber. But regardless, the 7507 is what fits my tails.

Maybe there is subtle differences in the JDM/EDM tails as far as bulb sizes?

You might be on to something with the JDM/EDM. Not sure which one I got. All I know it looks better than the stock tails :)

Glad you got yours figured out.

Ahhhh neat I didnt know that!

So after looking at mine, they say "ENGLAND" right on the lens! So maybe mine are EDM versions, which may explain the bulb difference.

Makes me wonder why mine have green stickers with BJFW and all Japanese characters on it though if the lights were made for/from a European car..

1156 or 1157 both have single nub on bottom of bulb which is what my harness wants. I tried and 1156a LED I had and it wouldn't work and when I pulled it out to check it out, it had 2 opposing nubs on it. Just dealt with this fiddling around trying for brighter rev bulbs. The proper LEDs I had were too big to go in housing so I just stuck the Philips 1156 back in. The silverstar 1156s weren't any brighter than the Philips was. Both were whiter than the plain bulbs but not much usefully brighter. Mine are JDM tails as well.

I just checked my JDM tails and they too are stamped England on the lens. But like deadtaco mine use a 7507 for the turn signal bulb. I bought 1156As when I needed to replace one and that is when I discovered those offset nubs.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Actually took one of my EDM tails off tonight to see my bulb number, but I couldn't get the bulb out. It's a chrome amber bulb, but it wouldn't twist when I pushed it down. Wonder if it's the wrong size but I jammed it down to make it fit. Both chrome bulbs work fine though. Guess I might have to use some pliers or something when it comes time to replace them...LOL.

Last edited:
You might have the wrong size Hank lol. I know with my 7507 it goes down into the socket then turns a bit to secure it, then it comes up a bit.

But hey if your bulbs work :p

You might have the wrong size Hank lol. I know with my 7507 it goes down into the socket then turns a bit to secure it, then it comes up a bit.

But hey if your bulbs work :p

Yeah...most likely the wrong bulbs. Hopefully there's no damage to the sockets when I go to replace them. We'll cross that bridge when I get there...(nervous):)

Back