Faulty Sliding door locks

pawesomegirl

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
I just bought a 2006 Mazda 5 Touring last week. It is a fast, zippy little 4 cyl! I bought it from Carmax. I am inside the 30 day warranty they offer you when you purchase cars from them. The passenger sliding door lock is not responding to the remote, so it doesn't lock. It doesn't manually lock either. Has anyone experienced this? Carmax said to bring it in and they will work on it. I'm not confident. I want to start asking questions here now so I can figure out my next step. Also, the panel indicates 34 PSI and my tires are at 20 on one and 25 on the other three after it sat all night last night. I'm using the pencil style tire gauge and those are the results. Grrrr, Carmax technicians! I do want to know if anyone has input re: the sliding door lock, please :)

I think I'm supposed to know what that is. I can fix it or it can be fixed by a mechanic? I'll search it too.

Ok, I see what it is, I know what I can suggest and know what it looks like when I talk to them today. Thank you!

The 2006 door lock actuators are POS. Both were bad when I bought mine 5 years ago. They need to pull the door skin off and replace the actuator from the inside, and as long as they use OE parts, you should be good. The new actuators seem to be much improved.

If it under warranty, just have them fix it if they will do it for free. The OEM part is about $45 and the door can be troublesome to take apart - usually one of the little clips breaks and you have to replace it. By the way, if you need to buy the clip, they are much cheaper off ebay or amazon than thru the dealer.

Actually I just noticed that you said the lock will not lock manually either - this may be more than just the actuator, when my actuator went bad, I could still lock and unlock it manually.

Also, it is possible that your pen style air pressure gauge is not reading correctly, they can go bad. I'd try another gauge and see what it reads

Good luck.

I left my tire gauge in the QX4 I just sold so I bought this one brand new. Makes me mad they didn't check the tire pressure before I left with it. Guess it can happen.

I have an appt for them to fix the lock, let's see how it goes. It is under warranty as well.

Back