What have you done to your MSP today?

I had planned to take th ep5 apart this weekend and fix the trans, but decided id rather just sell it for like $1500 and leave it alone.. the time investment to pull the trans out, open the trans, fix whats ****** and put it together is huge when i work full time an im not a mechanic with a lift ect.. id have to take it out fromt he bottom thist ime which i dont really want to do. but ive listed it at $1600 and see if i get bites. if not by next week, ill try to get the engine hoist on friday, pull that fker out and fix it, mark it up $1000...

I did steal some interior panels though. passenger rear door panel, driver door panel, glovebox, some handles and misc stuff are now in the msp and it is generally better. I have no head unity but im keeping my painted interior trims ect.. so the p5 kinda reverted to absolute stock with not so good interior stuffs.

sorted my hard clutch issue but running a s*** load of new fluid through the line til it ran clear. the old fluid was kinda brown.. so attached a tube to the bleeder and flushed it all out with new. clutch isnt perfect but a helluva lot better than it was. i suppose i should do this to the brakes too as the liter was only like $6.

my front splitter is silver and will need new paint. but wasnt all scratched this time from speedhumps, so will just need some white base and yellow. should be quick when i can afford the paint.

trying to get my hands on a passenger mirror, then ill prob dust both of them as they are a little different than the body color.
wheels not my first choice for yellow. def suit the p5 better but it is what it is for now.

i also took the insert out of the ssqv and now i think it is leaking.. ill have to plan to replace the bov shortly. i have never liked how the ssqv worked so i might try to get a greddy style with a 45 flanged intercooler pipe.
wouldnt mind doing a liquid intercooler in this car, but ive already clocked the turbo down, so the fmic routing is quite short. could be shorter still if i delete the smic and run the pipe straight up there. then i could have a proper CAI which would delete the slurping sound at moderate load. car has too much intake sound, need smore exhaust.

oh, and when i put the manifold back on on friday, i deleted the vtcs as well. which i think confirms my grip about the idle transisition. it wil stumble after a measurable amount of time at idle. p5 did it and the msp does now too.

she has exhaust leaks in 3 places..rattles everywhere, has NO swayars atm as no endlinks are installed.. struts are done.. trans has a broken dif, but still lsds apparently... needs love. but i love her, she will get it.

Question: will a manual transmission from a 2000 1.6 mate to an fs?

Nothing is cheap on tge west coast heh. I might as well buy a parts car rather than try to get a trans...

I jkust dont think id trust spending $400 on a wrecker pull that is untested when i can spend $800 on a running parts car that i can at least drive to varify its all good. im gonna try to press out the shifter linkage bolt.. if its held inw ith plastic bushings, im not understanding why its seized in there so tight.. if i can salvage it, i might put that trans in. its a little rusty from sitting for a year but i didnt hear anything from it when i was driving it. just have no more money to spend.. it only sucks cause i spent $600 reconditioning the p5 assuming i had a buyer..

New Mazdaspeed owner checking in!

I was very active here back in the day, I wrecked my p5 in 2007 and is he's been patiently sitting for years waiting to be restored, but I decided to cut and run, so I'm stealing what parts I can to improve the msp, then I'll be letting her go. If anyone wants a cheap parts car that runs perfectly and will drive fine with a bearing replacement, hit me up.

I bought titanium #508 about a week ago, been working on her pretty much every day since then. Projects so far include swapping out my Dave B gauge rings and kartboy short shifter from my wrecked protege5, installing corksport bronzoil bushings, fluid, filter and spark plug changes, and a semi thorough buff and wax job (when it's above 40* I'll give it a full day of polishing, paint is in decent shape but it needs some love.

Mods already on the car when I bought it include, but are not limited to;
Aluminum hard pipes, Injen cold air intake, aluminum SMIC (brand unknown) forge bpv, 2.5-3" ghetto fab special exhaust, straight piped from the downpipe, with a mazdaspeed tip welded on though, so it will still burn you, yellowspeed coilovers, limo tint all around (bleh), unknown 18x 8 wheels with 215/40 bfg GeForce kda's (rubs all the time, I would be interested in trading them for wheels that fit)
Let's see what else... Oh can't forget my sweet ass HKS oil cap, that's good for 15 whp. Some cheap color changing gauges, including a broken wideband mounted in a nice triple gauge single din pod, and that's about it.

Guy claimed boost was set at 10 psi but it only spike to about 9, then settles at 7.5-8, I'm not sure if this is a boost/vacuum leak issue or if that's just where it's actually set.

Going in for an alignment this week, hopefully can tuck the wheels a little more and diminish the rubbing, and I'll be welding in a 3" MagnaFlow glass pack resonator to calm the exhaust a bit.

So far I'm in love. Still has unmodified racing beats, so I'm debating between just doing the clunk fix or swapping it out for my 21mm on the p5. And the front end link is broken on the driver side, so that needs fixing. I'll keep yall updated and post pics tomorrow, website is giving me grief

Last edited:
New Mazdaspeed owner checking in!

I was very active here back in the day, I wrecked my p5 in 2007 and is he's been patiently sitting for years waiting to be restored, but I decided to cut and run, so I'm stealing what parts I can to improve the msp, then I'll be letting her go. If anyone wants a cheap parts car that runs perfectly and will drive fine with a bearing replacement, hit me up.

I bought titanium #508 about a week ago, been working on her pretty much every day since then. Projects so far include swapping out my Dave B gauge rings and kartboy short shifter from my wrecked protege5, installing corksport bronzoil bushings, fluid, filter and spark plug changes, and a semi thorough buff and wax job (when it's above 40* I'll give it a full day of polishing, paint is in decent shape but it needs some love.

Mods already on the car when I bought it include, but are not limited to;
Aluminum hard pipes, Injen cold air intake, aluminum SMIC (brand unknown) forge bpv, 2.5-3" ghetto fab special exhaust, straight piped from the downpipe, with a mazdaspeed tip welded on though, so it will still burn you, yellowspeed coilovers, limo tint all around (bleh), unknown 18x 8 wheels with 215/40 bfg GeForce kda's (rubs all the time, I would be interested in trading them for wheels that fit)
Let's see what else... Oh can't forget my sweet ass HKS oil cap, that's good for 15 whp. Some cheap color changing gauges, including a broken wideband mounted in a nice triple gauge single din pod, and that's about it.

Guy claimed boost was set at 10 psi but it only spike to about 9, then settles at 7.5-8, I'm not sure if this is a boost/vacuum leak issue or if that's just where it's actually set.

Going in for an alignment this week, hopefully can tuck the wheels a little more and diminish the rubbing, and I'll be welding in a 3" MagnaFlow glass pack resonator to calm the exhaust a bit.

So far I'm in love. Still has unmodified racing beats, so I'm debating between just doing the clunk fix or swapping it out for my 21mm on the p5. And the front end link is broken on the driver side, so that needs fixing. I'll keep yall updated and post pics tomorrow, website is giving me grief
Sweet dude!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I still have my 315km trans but its been sitting out for months. If i can press the shift linkage bolt out i might swap it into the p5 and double the asking price. I though lt id get rid if it quick but app no. I really just dont want to pull the tranny out again. Even though i could make $1000 more by doing so.... Bleh.

Well guys I wanna thank you for all the help and insight you provided. The car was officially sold today. God bless

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Im excited to get my infiniti g35 :). I didn't tell him but I have the decal on the rear window. I'm sure he'll put 2 together.

nice^. congrats on the sale. I used to miss my car but now I'm at peace with it lol. The guy I sold it to, sold it to another guy who eventually found his way here and found me(if the guy who bought your car is an enthusiast he will find his way here)

Why the choice for the G35 and not a 350z? (might have said it before but too lazy to read back)

Likely because the G35 has a usable back seat and nicer interior goodies.
+1 exactly.... I wanna keep my g35 even if we decide to have a baby. The 350z theres no back seat. I know it's uncomfortable but I want the g35 for the long run. My sister and I used to ride in our dad's supra mk3 when we were kids and we wouldn't have it any other way. We actually made fun of families with minivans. Lol. No disrespect.

No reason you cant have both really. You can get a good used van or suv for pennies for hauling around and keep your fun car too.
No need for bigger with just one child though. My wife carted ours around in an mx3 for years before i found her a good esgt. After inbasically paid new price for my msp we will never again be attached to a car loan.
I might buy a van but for work.
Its different if you live inan appt obv but american house so cheap.... I wanna move. But dispute ourterribad ecconomy, lifes pretty good in the great white.

How's the weather up there eh? It's 72 and sunny in Austin this weekend. A friend just moved from Wisconsin to thaw out for a bit, he loves it so far.

As for the G35 they are very nice cars and last a long time depending on the maintenance done (which is true for most cars). Comfortable and pretty quick without having to mod them, and you can pick the early models up for cheap these days.

How's the weather up there eh? It's 72 and sunny in Austin this weekend. A friend just moved from Wisconsin to thaw out for a bit, he loves it so far.

As for the G35 they are very nice cars and last a long time depending on the maintenance done (which is true for most cars). Comfortable and pretty quick without having to mod them, and you can pick the early models up for cheap these days.
52 and sunny I central Florida

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

It's friggen cold up here right now. -3 ambient and around -30 wind chill.

G35/37 was on my list when I was shopping but it just felt too big and I really wanted a hatch, hence the FoST.

Just sold my 17 inch wheels to a local guy off CL. Was happy to hear he was putting them on a P5 so I got his email address and dumped a ton of information on him and pointed him to this forum.

Back