Dynotronics remote tune - reviews/reports?

its the OP 2.0, but we sell them with shipping for less than(new ones that is) what you can find them on Ebay for. stay away from the used stuff, we have had a ton of issues with the used units customers have purchased on ebay.

And yes you can tweek the tune yourself if you like, assuming you buy the personal version of the software. I don't suggest it because its a rather complex ecu logic, and the personal software has nowhere near the tables we have at our disposal. We have defined and refined quite a few of the critical tables that were not there even in the pro version of the software.

It should also be noted that while we will sell you the personal software and a "starter" file, your not going to get the file that our other customers get, simply because we spent the time to develop it, but we are happy to help you out

Now I have a question regarding 'goodies'. Is it possible to have it so traction assist is OFF when the engine starts, and can be turned back on(and off again, etc.) using the button?

I think thats controlled by a different system.

I think thats controlled by a different system.

It's controlled by its own module with a direct link to the BCM and PCM through the CAN bus. I'm not familiar with CAN changes or programming in recent cars, so I'm not sure if it's possible. Since I can't fiddle with the tune file myself, it's a question only DT can answer.

It's controlled by its own module with a direct link to the BCM and PCM through the CAN bus. I'm not familiar with CAN changes or programming in recent cars, so I'm not sure if it's possible. Since I can't fiddle with the tune file myself, it's a question only DT can answer.

we have it turned off as the default in our B spec cars, but I'm not sure its something I want to offer for liability reasons for a street car

So far we have tune over 100 Mazda 2 remotely around the world with very good results. We are now working on V3.6 of the calibration( so if you have not updated for a while, get back to me) that has some very interesting cam map chages, and some new goodies we found in the code.

I'll have to remember to hit you up for an update soon then! LOVING the tune as is though!

We are now working on V3.6 of the calibration( so if you have not updated for a while, get back to me) that has some very interesting cam map chages, and some new goodies we found in the code.

How long ago is a while? The car feels pretty damn good now, I'm afraid to screw with it.

we are always making changes on our tuning. think of it as an evolving process; as we find more power, we try to update all the prior customer files.

we are always making changes on our tuning. think of it as an evolving process; as we find more power, we try to update all the prior customer files.

Do you still need to do the data logging, or do you just take the current file installed ( like say the one I have now which I like very much), make the adjustments, and then resend it?

Or is it a fire sale of changes that requires an entirely new file based on the logs?

Do you still need to do the data logging, or do you just take the current file installed ( like say the one I have now which I like very much), make the adjustments, and then resend it?

Or is it a fire sale of changes that requires an entirely new file based on the logs?

New logs are always best before an update

No increase in MPG, slight drop but I was driving like an ass all the time and autox every weekend or two so I rarely had a good chance to test it consistently. I had a terrible ~3mi commute which is poor mileage no matter what. Yes raised rpm limits. This was all for the 2.0l 3 though, no comment on tuning a 2 personally.

so where does your car redline now with this modification?

7300 or 7200, something around there. Although anything over 6800 makes a bunch of racket due to the single-link timing chain.

I can deal with the racket... what I can't deal with is not having that little extra for autoX events lol

thanks

I forget, but in case you missed that was my experience with my MAZDA3, I haven't had my 2 tuned yet(I sold the 3 to get the 2). I think it was around 7800 redline on the 2.0l though?

Mine is 7200. ideally you want to be in the 7100 range. It leaves the 1-2 up shift right at the "hot" profile of the cam for peak torque but before you get to all the racket. This is on the tune I got almost a year ago. No problems, no MIL/CEL and fuel economy has suffered only because the car is so much fun to drive, I can't keep my foot out of it. As soon as this season wraps up, I'll send some logs to Joe for the newest updates. (Since the tune comes with free lifetime updates!)

I can confirm this though regarding fuel economy. Got 38MPG all highway almost 400 miles on the tank back and forth with this tune and the stock tires inflated to 35psi. That was also with the STF suspension on it, full soft in the rear and over -3.0 camber up front. I did set the toe to zero for the trip though.

So driven "properly", the tune does not alter fuel economy that much. Even flogging the snot out of it day to day, a mixed driving 14 mile round trip commute highway/stop and go with city, I'm still seeing 30-31 MPG.

Last edited:
The worst I've ever got is 30mpg. Last month I got 33mpg and I still did about 10 WOT passes. Right now I'm about 36mpg going easy on it. These are 100% city miles, btw. I f'ing love this car, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Back