Header installed = egr flow insufficient?!?!

Bvisailer

:
2003 Mazda protege5
Anyone have this problem? After header install I have cel. The first cat give manifold back pressure for egr? Also how does it read the "flow"?

Did you kink or plug the hose?

I didn't have any issues installing my header, I cut the stock EGR hose back near the engine and ran soft copper tubing up there.

Nope. It's all hooked up like it should be. Not sure why its throwing that code. In a week or so I'll be installing my modified intake. And that's when I'm going to clean egr valve and iac. I'll redo the hose with the coper pipe. How did you join the two together?

Nope. It's all hooked up like it should be. Not sure why its throwing that code. In a week or so I'll be installing my modified intake. And that's when I'm going to clean egr valve and iac. I'll redo the hose with the coper pipe. How did you join the two together?

As long as you didn't kink the factory hose, there's no reason to run copper tubing. I only did it because the fitting on my header was at a different angle than the EGR tube, and copper is easy to bend.

I would check the fitting on the header though, make sure it's not obstructed. You never know with these cheap headers.

Well, since you will have the intake off - clean the EGR anyway first. THEN take off the tubing to the header and inspect...

Havnt installed the intake yet but the CEL was upsetting me so I took the egr off and cleaned it. Installed it and cleared the codes. Left work and drove 50 miles. Mostly interstate but still had some stop and go. No CEL. Got home. Showered and shaved. Started. Pulled out of driveway. A mile down the road it came on. Same dam. Code. Egr insufficient flow. I removed the egr pipe frk. Header and everything is clear. Idk what else I can do to make it "flow" more.

Back