A New msp owner that needs less boost

Ah. That was a mistake. Car runs a ton better with ft/afc prob jusy needed a proper map.
I should rephrase... my car ran smoother without the afc esp around idle but it transitions through boost much better with the afc.

What turbo manual boost controller brands are good brands? I want to limit my boost to 6-7psi. Any suggestions? I have a straight exhaust pipe from downpipe, cat converter delete, short RAM intake, front mount intercooler, hard pipes, turboxs blow off valve.

Stock boost is 6-7PSI so don't install a boost controller. MBCs spike and will pop the motor, not to mention the exhaust will raise the boost anyway. Boost controllers can't lower boost only raise it, EBCs have a safety that will drop the boost if they start to spike, but the only way to lower boost is to shorten the rod on the WGA.

I assumed that 7-8 psi would be ok on stock tune, It seems like most msp owners don't hit fuel cut at this low psi.
Should I be looking for something else? I just went to colder plugs gapped .30 but that did'nt really change anything.
I need this as a daily driver how can I work around this, o2 clamp, trade the atp for a stock actuator, find a FCD?

Last edited:
...perhaps you have a vac leak somewhere and although your boost gauge says 5psi, it could be way more.

I assumed that 7-8 psi would be ok on stock tune, It seems like most msp owners don't hit fuel cut at this low psi.
Should I be looking for something else? I just went to colder plugs gapped .30 but that did'nt really change anything.
I need this as a daily driver how can I work around this, o2 clamp, trade the atp for a stock actuator, find a FCD?

You had an 02 clamp with the SSFTC, ATP works the exact same as stock just shorten the rod so it opens sooner. And the FCD was a gimmick, I would be surprised if they are available anymore.

Stock boost is 6-7PSI so don't install a boost controller. MBCs spike and will pop the motor, not to mention the exhaust will raise the boost anyway. Boost controllers can't lower boost only raise it, EBCs have a safety that will drop the boost if they start to spike, but the only way to lower boost is to shorten the rod on the WGA.

Sorry im a little new to the terminology. What is a WGA? I know I have a bigger turbo than the stock I just dont know the specs or brand on it. I bought that car like that.

Don't see the need for adjustable. The atp is a direct replacement. Its not adjustabke but they make one that is.
Wga actuator replacment is a very simple thing.

every one sugested I get the ATP one, so why is every one recomending it if it won't work stock msp ecm?
is it really that sensitive that anything over 5 psi will cause fuel cut or is there something else there Im missing.

Last edited:
...perhaps you have a vac leak somewhere and although your boost gauge says 5psi, it could be way more.

Everyone please read the first page before posting -my stock actuator had a hole in it! I was hitting fuel cut cause I was boosting 10-12 psi so I know my gauge works, I have checked all the vacumm lines.

(edit-earlier today car would barely idle,
it would rev up and down to less than 500 rpms at the stoplights.
so I broke down and bought coils and new wires that fixed it!
revs up tons better and hits 7 psi with out bucking and surging.

Last edited:
Back