What have you done to your MS3 today?

non centered intercooler irritates me

Mine is offset to the passenger side by about 1.5"... No one would probably every really notice... But I notice... I notice every time I am in front of the thing.

Mine is offset to the passenger side by about 1.5"... No one would probably every really notice... But I notice... I notice every time I am in front of the thing.
Great now i gotta go look at mine. I would assume CPe centered by design it but...

Picked up an Mx-3, so I can take the speed off the road for a lil bit. Body work and a few mods hopefully coming soon. Then on to project Mx-3. Just wanted something different no one else does. I like a challenge.

Last edited:
Picked up an Mx-3, so I can take the speed off the road for a lil bit. Body work and a few mods hopefully coming soon. Then on to project Mx-3. Just wanted something different no one else does. I like a challenge.
I like those cars alot.
But my second car has to be good in the snow and painfully slow. yin and yang I suppose
congrats !

Thanks. Yea they don't get enough credit and are fun little cars. I was thinking about something for snow too or something awd, but then saw this mx-3 and couldn't resist lol. Plus like I said it's something different. Pics to come soon.

You can change the motor in that to the 2.5L v6 that was in the Mazda 626. I had a 2000 Mazda 626 with the 2.5 and a standard. With a cat delete and CAI it moved quite good and thats in a much heavier car than the MX 3!

Nice . very unique design . I can always tell them from a distance although i see so few of them anymore
Enjoy

Thanks. Yea I rarely ever see them, yet seems like I see at least one Speed 3 a day. lol.

You can change the motor in that to the 2.5L v6 that was in the Mazda 626. I had a 2000 Mazda 626 with the 2.5 and a standard. With a cat delete and CAI it moved quite good and thats in a much heavier car than the MX 3!

Yea I've been looking at the KLZE swap and also the BPD-T as well. But that's down the road. Want it as a daily for a while. In the process of trying to buy a house and then get my speed fixed. These cars are very light almost 1,000 pounds lighter than the speed.

Last edited:
So I have notice scratches on the headlights. Over time keeps getting worse. No where else is scratched but the headlights. Only thing I can think of is wind drag from dusty winds. Anyways, I treat it with Mequiars headlight restoration kit. Then applied WeatherTech Lamp guard on one side cause I messed up on the other. Looks better now.

Weird huh. I'll try Lamine x next time.
Mine might be from buffing the hood out , and being careless . maybe I guess.
I am going to get some of the Meguirs lense polish and then put some lamin x blue protective film on them like the fogs have now.
The lamin x comes in clear too though. I wish i had applied it years ago though. Great for protecting against chips and such

Got my accessport back yesterday ! Seems i am hitting targets of 18-19 lbs at 1675psi .
I am running between 187 to 208 with coolant now i have the CPE FMIC. so thats a little warm. have to get some more air over the rad or add another fan.
BAT are nice though. no more heat soak .

...told ya. If I don't run my defroster I'll get to 217-219 and then the fans automatically kick on.

http://www.speedperf6rmanc3.com/products/auxiliary-fan-controller.html
I have not seen any peak over 208. looking forward to a hot day to see whats what.
Also my fuel pump peaked at 1827 psi this morning WOT 3rd gear : )
I will continue to play around doing data log.
Time to load a new map in . Damn i need the race tune app so i can begin playing with timing and fuel again. looks like the intake manifold will have to wait till next season to install anyways. Cant afford a laptop right now.
Thanks again Domino 81 for giving me the proverbial kick in the ass to get the car back on the road.
I owe you big time brother !!!!!

Ps funny that you linked me to a tool for the fan. I as just getting out of the car after shutting it off and thinking , I wonder if the Cobb offers the abilty to change the temp # for the trigger on the fan ?

Ps for those of you that run a front mount... gen 1 what did you do with the ram air ducting ? plug it ? Redirect it ?
Very interested about this

Last edited:
Back