When is the CX9 changing?

NGC

:
2010 CX-9 AWD
Cosmetic changes is all I see. Isn't the CX9 design getting a little stale?

Cosmetic changes is all I see. Isn't the CX9 design getting a little stale?
Been out since 07, so definitely.

I can't remember if it's supposed to be new for '15 or not.

I have a '12, and frankly, if I had to replace it now, I don't think I'd get another, as much as I love it. Since I bought, the Highlander and Pathfinder and Santa Fe are all new.

Looks like end of '15 as 2016 model.
V6 is likely should Mazda decide to make a bigger sedan than Mazda6.
if not, turbo-I4 (2.5L) is likely.

They need to do something about it quickly. Sales of CX-9 were never best in class, but now it has dropped to almost nothing. It does not help that the recent safety ratings of CX-9 are abysmal. Plus, my CX-9 has been to the dealer way too many times for unscheduled repairs in its 16K Miles life. I very much like the way it drives, but I honestly can not recommend this vehicle to anyone at this point.

For Mazda being catching up from behind, they need to find a "niche" to win against Highlander or Pilot.
Without a proper AWD and engine, it will be hard.
The #1 complaint about CX9 is MPG (using Ford's Duratec). AWD reliability is a second.
Other than these, the chassis is better than Pilot or Hignlander.

A good strategy would be the 2.2D diesel. Too bad that they are having issue with that engine meeting US emission standard w/o urea.

My '08 only had a couple minor issues that were fixed at oil changes. So, no complaints from me on reliability.

They need to do something about it quickly. Plus, my CX-9 has been to the dealer way too many times for unscheduled repairs in its 16K Miles life. I very much like the way it drives, but I honestly can not recommend this vehicle to anyone at this point.

I have 60000 miles on my 2010 CX9 from new with one problem. The right (center) armrest has foam that collapses. I have had it replaced twice but now it is fixed. The CX9 is a fantastic well built vehicle. YES I know it has a problem with the latest small overlap test which is a new test. I would buy a new one in a second BUT I want a new design with hopefully better MPG.

From what I read the new CX-9 is getting a turbo engine like the new speed3
I hope they know what they are doing. Mazda doesn't sell a ton of cars; if this is the only car in its class without a V6 available, I have a feeling it's going to get smoked by Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.

Back