Post your recent pictures!

4a9y6uby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally starting to put together the coilovers for my 929. Nobody makes kits for them so I have been getting creative. I bought FD rx7 front and rear strut bottom mounts and strut inserts that are 50mm (2in.) longer than the ones they send with the FD rx7 kit. From what people have said about the FD suspension on a 929 all I need to do is swap the front and rear strut mounts and drill out the front mount holes slightly to fit the 929 bolt through that holds it on the control arm. I put the front parts on the other day with a spare pair of 150mm 8k rate springs I had from my mazda3 suspension upgrades. It rides awesome and everything went together relatively easily. I modified the factory strut tops to work with coilover springs and by modified I mean I cut relief cuts in the and hammered them into a shape that fits a smaller spring. I will get pictures when I have them off again. I will be purchasing some longer, stiffer springs for them very soon and working on getting the rear end on some remporary coilovers with a spare pair of 180mm 7k rate springs from my mazda3. Also I do not have the car at this current height. I just wanted to see what the max drop would be. I'd say it will go to the ground. All the camber is natural from the drop. I'd estimate over 5 degrees since it BURIED my 19x10 +40 wheels in the fender arch.

Back