Top 20 Ticketed Cars/Drivers

deadlydave

:
'13 Mazda 2
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/these-cars-get-most-traffic-tickets-n214946

Mazda 2 Representing at #10. Bad news for my insurance rate, as I also drive a WRX. There's obviously a lot of statistical wonkiness due to the simplistic nature of the results.

Cars dont get tickets, drivers do but those drivers like the WRX,

1. Subaru WRX 33.6%
2. Pontiac GTO 32.7%
3. Scion FR-S 32.6%
4. Toyota Supra 30.8%
5. Subaru Tribeca 29.7%
6. Volkswagen Rabbit 29.6%
7. Mercury Topaz 28.8%
8. Scion tC 28.8%
9. Toyota FJ Cruiser 28.4%
10. Mazda2 28.1%
11. Hyundai Veloster 28.1%
12. Volkswagen GTI 28.1%
13. Suzuki Reno 28.1%
14. Scion xA 27.8%
15. Pontiac G8 27.7%
16. MINI Cooper S Countryman 27.5%
17. Mitsubishi 3000 GT 27.4%
18. Saturn Aura 27.1%
19. Infiniti QX56/QX80 27.1%
20. Toyota Prius C 27.0%

I guess it means Mazda 2 drivers enjoy driving fast..

Slow Car Fast

I think it really means that people who know how to drive appreciate the little go-kart for its potential. Or they're all college professors that are late to their own classes.

I'm surprised the Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban isn't on this list....9 times out of 10, they're the assholes trying to run me off the road while slaloming through traffic at 100 miles per hour.

And the Mercury Topaz!? Seriously? You should get a trophy if you can get a ticket in that gutless piece of crap.

I'm gonna call a little bit of shenanigans on that list. Insurance.com compiled those numbers using the following methodology:

Insurance.com analyzed online quote information submitted by 557,238 drivers January 2013 to July 2014. Ticket data calculated for models with 50 or more quotes.

So their only numbers are from people who are looking to buy insurance. I'd bet that a decent percentage of people who are shopping for car insurance are those who need to leave their current provider either because it's become too expensive or they've been dropped...possibly from getting traffic tickets. Instead of being a true representative sample of cars and the average number of people who own them who have gotten tickets, to an extent it's the reverse...a sample of people who have tickets being asked what model of car they drive.

I bet these numbers also vary by region too. Everyone around here that drives a 2 is an old fart. I think I've only seen a couple of them driven by people born during or after the Carter administration.

I got pulled over once. No ticket. I was driving a Buick Skylark and my headlights weren't on all the way due to a bad knob.

My Blue 2 is so bland that I've been ignored by police. 5 to 10 over, and no notice whatsoever.

They left out that every. Single. One. Was the obnoxious bright green, it stands out something fierce in traffic. :lol:

I don't know, about 30m after posting I ran though a school zone doing 25 over and took a right turn in front of a cop at about 35mph with the Potenzas howling and radar detector throwing a s*** fit. He looked at me and just kept driving. Still scared the s*** out of me when I saw him, but... :shrug:.

I'm surprised the Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban isn't on this list....9 times out of 10, they're the assholes trying to run me off the road while slaloming through traffic at 100 miles per hour.

I heard that. Also, I swear it's almost always these drivers who rear-end someone on the expressway and cause a ton of traffic.

I'm waiting for the day when I'm pulled over and lectured about my cornering and on/off-ramp speeds. This happened a couple of times when I had my Protege. My 2 sticks to corners waaay better too.

I saw some van or SUV pasted to the back of a bus monday night. Don't know what it was, but there were a lot of emergency folks there. I had never seen a local 2 driven 'in anger' except for mine, until this morning. Another white 2 stuffed floor to ceiling with stuff almost took me out by just merging without looking. Local college's sticker in the window, looked like a student.

I'm gonna call a little bit of shenanigans on that list. Insurance.com compiled those numbers using the following methodology:

Oh yea, it's definitely flawed. I took it as 'these are the cars honest people drive'? Whatever helps me sleep at night I guess.

got pulled over twice in my 2 and my wife 3 times in her 2.... There's some truth in there but Merc Topaz, really???? I'm surprised to see some on those cars are still on the road lol

Back