Grey Msp Rebuild Round 3

got my shift knob from vms racing

i wanted to make it heavier and close the gap between the shifter and boot before final install i decide to take some hose cut it the length from the base where the boot sat to the threads then slip the hose on down to the base and it should leave the threads open

next grab a bunch of matching washers with a hole that will let the hose threw snug... i used a lot more then whats in hand

felt great shifted smooth looks awesome.. the knob tightened everything down

I recently spoke to sheepy built im ready to make some real power on the stock engine before i have my forged block ready. They are willing to make a tubular top mount turbo manifold with external wastegate downpipe and piping to my muffler plus a custom fmic with custom endtanks and piping for around 3 grands

I just had my turbo wheel replaced on the gtx3076r and tested

Just might be picking up a set of forged pistons and rods

I did buy a 505zoom (hydramotorsports) air diversion plate powder coated black

So i bought the cp pistons 8.5.1 and the Oliver rods after recieving specs and proving they are in proper spec since they were used i did not want to put a block together with f'd up pistons or rods later just to have problems later

The CP pistons and Oliver rods finally arrived and the 505zoom adp

The quality feels awesome nice and thick. The logo is like a ghost style really hard to see unless u stare into it

I got a couple new pieces a set of front awr links to match my rear also a 8 piece carbon kit

Sadly the new set is silver and the rears are raw

I'll paint the links to match and still need to fully mount the carbon pieces and wax them up

Last edited:
Order up a couple new parts
Corksport 52mm radiator
Corksport bronze bushing
Corksport 3rd link bronze bushing
Torque solution shifter bushing

Came home today and found parts arrived getting pretty close looking to find a place to machine my block
By the way the Corksport stuff came and the shifter bushing from torque solution

The radiator is nice and thick also light

Thank you corksport and cr3 for awesome deal for black friday

Pick up my self an ion fmic planning to use only the core out of the kit will build custom one piece 2.5 aluminum hot and cold pipes... I'm pretty happy I'm buying this because this kit it came of my old speed it was blue my first msp ever. I was super happy with kit when I installed in 2008 or 2009 on the car and sold it with the car. The only draw back to this intercooler kit was that it's really heavy because it use stainless steel pipes plus I always preferred have both pipes 2.5 for the intercooler instead of the 2in hot pipe that came but I think the reason why ion calls it a stage 1 kit because they probably knew that people would upgrade the hot pipe so they made the intercooler core with a 2.5 inlet and outline which is perfect for what I want

Can you explain that more?

If you start messing with the weights on the crankshaft, you inherently throw it off balance. This means that if you put a lighter crank pulley, you effectively compromise the balance. Also, the stock pulley has a harmonic balancer that dampens vibrations. This also applies to forged rods and pistons. The result would be an unsteady or rough idle, with your engine ultimately failing somewhere down the road because your unbalanced crank will ware out your bottom end bearings.

If you do anything that may throw the crank balance off, you should get your crankshaft re-balanced (~$150-250), this ensures that everything is rotating in harmony.

Back