The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

But then I need a whole lot of money for all of the parts to make it look similar to this...
http://detroitspeed.com/Projects/SW-1973-Trans-Am/data/images1/swgreen-1029l.jpg
Nothing like dropping 10k+ in suspension :(

The shaker would be hard to give up, not an issue for me. If I need a little extra clearance this is the hood I'd love to get http://anvilauto.com/products/camaro-70-81/power-bulge-hood.html

Since I need to replace the rear frame rails anyway I'm leaning towards this :https://www.cachassisworks.com/Attachments/DataSheets/7703_frame-system_DS_WEB.pdf

Add brakes and other options and it's close to $15k (boom03)

Mega Millions is at $224 million, what's everyone buying when they win?

TGIF! Surprise 30th Bday party for my sis-in-law tonight. Going to be 85 people showing up!

I forget but who here works for a phone carrier? Have a question regarding switching devices on a line...pretty sure I know the answer and it would be fine but would like to double check as maybe things have changed?

I'm in a pool with 25 people at work. With my share we'd:

Either move or dump some money into the house. Love our neighborhood and house but as per FEMA and their newly revised flood maps I'm now in a Special Flood Zone Risk A area and required to carry flood insurance. With money no object I'd raise the house: fill the basement, put it on stilts and have one massive garage under the entire house :D, raise it a foot or two since right now the yard is just a few inches from the siding, build an addition, maybe a second floor (ranch currently) and do some sort of water wall. I'd like to build a brick wall about six feet in from the road on the sides and then along the curb six feet tall. When it rains heavily I'll pile sand bags in the driveway. Oh yeah, throw in some new siding and then put some back for when a roof, central air unit, etc are needed.

Put some money in reserve for a car for my daughter for when the P5 rusts away to nothing. Pay for college with cash, set aside for our son if he chooses to go. Right now he wants to be a professional gamer and is thinking military. Pay off debt and then help fam out by paying off debt. Rest would get put back. Eventually I'd like to buy a car or two but would want to take the time to decide on what I wanted. No throwing away millions on exotic race cars just because.

I'm hoping you'll win and then give me a check for $14,000 every year for the rest of my life (or the money runs out).

what are you going to be doing to earn $14k every year?

you can make that in dividends w/ less than $1 million so it won't run out.

what are you going to be doing to earn $14k every year?

you can make that in dividends w/ less than $1 million so it won't run out.

Don't have to do anything expect drive to the bank when your check comes in.

Thinking of taxes. That's the max you can give someone and not have to pay income tax.

Don't have to do anything expect drive to the bank when your check comes in.

Thinking of taxes. That's the max you can give someone and not have to pay income tax.
From google:

The following gifts are considered to be taxable gifts when they exceed the annual gift exclusion amount of $14,000 in 2014. Remember, taxable gifts count as part of the $5.34 million in 2014 you are allowed to give away during your lifetime, before you must pay the gift tax.

I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life. Or participated in one of the office pools for that matter.

I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life. Or participated in one of the office pools for that matter.

Can't win it if you're not in it!

I hardly play either but I'm getting gas on the way home so why not?

All the MSP's :) and probably still have some bank left over for some other odds and ends :)

If I won lottery, I'd pay off the house, buy a hunting cabin on several hundred acres and send the miata to flying miata with the note "unfuck it" and then invest the rest so I could work for fun haha

From google:

The following gifts are considered to be taxable gifts when they exceed the annual gift exclusion amount of $14,000 in 2014. Remember, taxable gifts count as part of the $5.34 million in 2014 you are allowed to give away during your lifetime, before you must pay the gift tax.

Okay, I'll take the lump sum then. :)

Dealing with a sinus infection, cleaned the car on Saturday so I took her out yesterday for a drive and snapped a few pics. There was too much light so I couldn't get decent ones, and didn't feel like sticking around or going back out.

Well, I'm at work today because I didn't win :(

Did a bunch of yard work this weekend, 14 bags worth. Still looks like we barely made a dent.

Had a good weekend despite getting sick. My parents came out for Ian's 2nd birthday.

It looks like my department is getting restructured at the end of this year and I really don't like the way it's going. I've started to look around for other things and I'm probably going to submit my resume for a position back in VA tonight.

Back