ZPS Build Thread

My R888's showed up today. I will get pictures when they are mounted next week. Also before the March 15th track day at AMP I am going to be getting one of those Aim Solo GPS things so I can track my lap times and other such data. Going to be fun.

Sounds it. The AIM is a nice piece but for cheap Harry's gives similar results and it's only $20 for the app. You can add on a GPS module later if you find out that the GOS isn't accurate enough. The upside to the Solo, is that you can put it outside the car. Harry's can WIFI connect with your GoPro Hero if you wanted to get 2 or 3 different views also. Solo adds overlaying and specific data points if that's what you're after. You can get down to the meter if you are wide in one corner and tight in another. And you can have the software compute a "perfect lap" per all you data points. Have fun! Data logging and management is a full time job!

I have had good luck with the AIM solo DL with a smarty cam to overlay data. I just need to get a second camera to overlay with the first and the data to analyze different lines my competitors use on the track from both sides of the equation.

-Derrick

I have dealt with the data stuff before and it isn't that bad. I am just happy to be able to get the data myself. I also like the fact it can easily move from car to car. Since I have 3 cars.....for now.

I just picked up the wheels with the tires mounted. Only 33.25lbs each so a little over a pound less than my 195 RE-11R's on the stock wheels.

11001761_10101882438130818_357827660396516751_n.jpg

1613910_10101882438265548_3683734589009677482_n.jpg

I have an autocross this weekend, but it is looking like it is a high of 39 so I am not going to use these, but instead slide around in the Miata. Next weekend though there is an autocross as Michelin and right now it says it will be 57 so I will be driving the 2 with these then. So FSP it is.

Wow....they look great...Hopefully lots of stick also...So what offset did you end up with?

Any rubbing in the rear? I'm toying with different wheels for STF and the offsets are pretty open. I was thinking in the range of ET35 for the 7.5".

Not that I have seen while scrubbing them in, but this weekend will be a better tell with the autocross as Michelin. I think I will be fine mainly because my rear doesn't move enough to hit the fender. Also the outside of these is in the same place as my old race setup. The extra width is all on the inside. Lastly when our rear moves in roll it does angle in, and the loading helps to move it in as well.

I watched this a couple of times last night to look at what happens. This was my old setup for tires and the stock bilstein setup.

I was actually going to try to get another video like this this weekend to make sure everything is good before the trackday the next weekend at AMP.

OK so hopefully I will have video's from the autocross up this week. Very fast course. I was hitting the raised limiter in 2nd more than once. Right at about 65mph, so that's why my finishing times wasn't as good as I would have hoped because I was way down on power compared to everyone else on such a fast course. You will see that from the video. Either way the car did awesome with the new wheels and tires. On the apex of the one turn my Solo was telling me I was hitting 1.3G.

Here is the raw results.

http://scsportscar.com/solo/solo-results/2015-results/2015_e02/raw/

That's alot of rubber for 100hp! I did a few things small things to the miata since last time, though I'm sure you'll still be way faster. See you sunday.

I was actually thinking that one of your afternoon runs I could put in the solo so I could get data from your car. I am really interested where the time is. I mean we know you are faster on the straight, but how much faster am I in the corners to make up for it is the question.

Lets both hope for no rain.

Yea, we can definately do that. It'll be interesting to see if Katie puts down a faster time than me. She got awfully close last time even though I was carrying way more speed down the front straight. And there's going to be an exocet in my group...should be fun (though it'll suck for him if it rains).

Stop talking about rain, it is bad karma. Repeat after me, It is going to be sunny and a great day at the track.

Stop talking about rain, it is bad karma. Repeat after me, It is going to be sunny and a great day at the track.

Easiest and most expensive insurance is to immediately buy Hoosier rains...I bought them a few years back for the Devens Tour that was a "guaranteed wash out weekend"....it rained all right, just not during my run group, either day....

Right now it looks like it is going to be a nice day. Might just be a little damp in the morninig. My wife is going to be taking her car to help carry all of the stuff we bring and her car has what I can use as rains. Later this year I am hoping to get another set of wheels for the 2 and they will basically be my rains for a track day. Just not going to happen for a while because of the other cars.

For those wondering the track day went great. My car was doing well except the brakes started to go. I was planning on adding brake cooling ducts soon anyway. I have a new best of 1:42.1, but I know there is a at least another half second out there because of the fading brakes. The new tires were great. From the little I looked at the data last night it looks like I was getting about 1.15G in steady state, and on the entrance to one turn I was seeing peaks of 1.4G. Top speed was still only 98mph though. Hoping I will get around to fixing that. I am hoping to get under a 1:40.0 before I stop modifying the car.

Also it was great to meet DanR and run with him on track since he was in my group. Also at the end of the day I was able to run with Eyeballs for the first time. Lots of fun running with those two.

Zach

Back