E-clips

00RS03MSP

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey all I had to put a new wastegate actuator on my MSP and now I'm getting highly annoyed by the fact that the e-clip that holds the actuator in place keeps shrinking and melting off...Granted I bought clips from the parts store. Is there any way to get a hold of a stainless steel clip or one that won't melt or shrink?

I have never heard of this happening before, are you sure you are using the right size clip?

I'm pretty sure that's not possible given the clip is stainless steel. I think the clip might be vibrating off the wastegate so if you get another one, make sure its on tight.

Yeah I'm on my 3rd type of clip so far...been trying different clips and or pins or whatever. The clips fit well and I try make to sure that when I do put on in I can't wiggle the actuator off. Also the mazda dealer can't get any pictures of the turbo for the car so they aren't really a big help. If there is anything any of you can suggest I'm all ears! Thanks for the help!

Which one would you suggest? There are a few retaining rings that will possibly work. Should I just order a few of each of them and try them out?

I have never used these or needed to use them so dont know if they will fit, but they look very similar to the stock clips, so just do your homework on size before ordering

I have used the (dorman) E clip assortment pack from the auto parts store, the correct sized clip is in that pack. I have been using it for years without issue, is the rod on the turbo damaged where the clip sits?

I have used the (dorman) E clip assortment pack from the auto parts store, the correct sized clip is in that pack. I have been using it for years without issue, is the rod on the turbo damaged where the clip sits?

There is no damage that I can see. The problem is that they keep shrinking and my guess its because of the heat? Sorry for the late reply but I've been out of town for a couple weeks and not a lot of internet access.

I dont know what size you need, but I would be going for the stainless steel ones if it were my car. They are relatively inexpensive for the packs. I would be going for the heavy duty style as well, but you have to make sure they will fit before you order

http://www.mcmaster.com/#retaining-rings/=xhv6md

Thanks for the help! I'm putting together a list of stuff of all I need to make sure it runs good! I'll let you guys know what works!

i lost my eclip when i changed to the forged actuator. went to napa and bought the assorted kit and bent their smallest one in alittle and it worked like a charm..putting it on from under the car sucked tho

i lost my eclip when i changed to the forged actuator. went to napa and bought the assorted kit and bent their smallest one in alittle and it worked like a charm..putting it on from under the car sucked tho

Yeah I've gone through like 5-6 clips from advance and oreilly's and it took like two hours trying to put that sucker in...so I feel your pain.

Back