SLUT pics help

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
So after a 30 hour shift, head is not working. Should I be worried?

Car had 225/40 for 1.5 years no issues.

Car has 225/45 now (increased height but not width)

But if you look at the pictures it seems awfully close to strut

I can't think right now so just posting some pics

Over large bumps is the wheel hitting the strut?

No because the wheel and suspension move as one, since the wheel and tire are at a fixed point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are the SLUT pics I was promised!? Seriously though Austin_barton is correct. I couldn't figure out if you thought the sidewall would bulge or the top of the tire hit the bottom spring perch. I take it you meant the perch.

How does the M5 handle on 225s? Are they not too wide for the car?
Any feeling of aquaplaning during heavy down pours?

I've been running 225/45/17 on 17x7.5 rims as my summer set for a few years now. The rims have +45mm offset. I've had no rubbing in either direction at full steering lock and no rubbing on the strut perch or fender lip as my suspension moves. The car has not been lowered. It handles amazingly well on Yokohama Avid Envigor tires in the dry and the wet. It's definitely a bit louder with the wider tires and shorter sidewall though.

My car handled fantastic with 225/40/18

Actually stuck in the corners

No rubbing

Now with 225/45 michelins , it is quiet and smooth

Love it

Don't know about rain . It rains here 12 days a year, and my cars all stay inside when it rains

Anyone could share the front/rear view pics of the car with 225 tires?
Would like to check it out.

I'm rolling on 16" and I'm struggling to decide to go 205/50 or 225/45 on 17" wheels (depending on the rim width I settle with).

I plan to drop the car with the Tein Street Advance coilovers.

You're not going to see much - a 225/45R17 and a 205/50R17 end up being almost the same overall width when mounted on the same width wheel. The 225/45R17 will just have a more square shoulder profile.

I'm rolling on 16" and I'm struggling to decide to go 205/50 or 225/45 on 17" wheels (depending on the rim width I settle with).

You're going to have to pick a wheel width/offset before you really get an idea of what's going to fit. 225/45 will fit fine with the correct size wheel. For a seven inch wide wheel and offset as low as 48 will most likely work. You might be able to go a little lower with the offset but not by much. I have an 8 inch wide wheel with 235/40 and an offset of 50. The right rear would rub slightly on large suspension movements until I moved my rear camber more negative. I could have also rolled the giant rear wheel opening lip. Your wheel selection is just as important if not more than tire size. By the way I'm lowered but not slammed.

I took a few photos yesterday in the parking lot at work to show the stance of my Mazda5 with my 225/45/17s. Again these tires are on 17x7.5 inch rims that have +45mm offset. Stock rims are either 16x6.5 or 17x6.5 with a +52mm offset. My rims are not quite flush with my fenders.

With the wider rim and reduced offset I gain about 17mm of stance width on each side, 34mm total. That's a big gain especially when you factor in the added 20mm tire width. The 225 series tires are a good fit for the 7.5 in wide rim, though 235 would fit well too. 225/45/17 are the same overall diameter as the 205/50/17 and don't mess with your speedo either.

http://imgur.com/a/gCE9d

Attachments

• 2015-05-30 11.12.22.jpg
    2015-05-30 11.12.22.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 133
  • 2015-05-30 11.12.58.jpg
    2015-05-30 11.12.58.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 2015-05-30 11.13.33.jpg
    2015-05-30 11.13.33.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I took a few photos yesterday in the parking lot at work to show the stance of my Mazda5 with my 225/45/17s. Again these tires are on 17x7.5 inch rims that have +45mm offset. Stock rims are either 16x6.5 or 17x6.5 with a +52mm offset. My rims are not quite flush with my fenders.

With the wider rim and reduced offset I gain about 17mm of stance width on each side, 34mm total. That's a big gain especially when you factor in the added 20mm tire width. The 225 series tires are a good fit for the 7.5 in wide rim, though 235 would fit well too. 225/45/17 are the same overall diameter as the 205/50/17 and don't mess with your speedo either.

http://imgur.com/a/gCE9d

Thanks for the pics! This helps greatly.
From the pics I believe you're riding on stock height?

Planning to drop about an inch on my ride. Would it rub?

90210 Can you change the title of this thread or better yet, throw up some actual slut pictures???? I mean really!!!!

The car really bites on turns and feels planted in corners. I never feel that the car wants to roll or has a limit. I should tell you that I'm also on H&R springs, mazdaspeed3 RSB, and rear camber arms. Can't win without a good TEAM!!!!I'm run in Cooper Zeon RS 3. No hydro planing with a smooth and quite ride. More so than the stockers that I run in the late fall thru winter.

Last edited:
Yeah, stock ride height. I don't plan to lower the car so I have no idea if it would rub. Probably not though, because it's the same overall diameter as the stock wheels/tires and it's not totally flush with fenders. Just guessing because that's an answer I won't need to find for myself.

Thanks for the pics! This helps greatly.
From the pics I believe you're riding on stock height?

Planning to drop about an inch on my ride. Would it rub?

Back