boogerburns

:
2013 Mazda2 5spd
[Title] 5 Pane Rear view mirror install
[Skill level required] Low
[Time to complete] 10-20 minutes
[Tools] Screwdriver set, wrench set, common sense

Step 1: Remove OEM Rear View mirror
-You need a small flathead, to pop in the notch and seperate the button from the mount. DO NOT PULL SIDE TO SIDE, only straight up twards the headliner. Mine popped off pretty easily.
Step 2: Assemble the mounts.
-You will need the wrench to tighten the hardware a little, but not all the way.
Step 3: Unscrew the outside mount for the sun visors.
-This is where you will mount the mounts for the mirror
Step 4: Screw the plates on top of the sun visor mounts
- Have the mounts to where the long pieces are closer to the middle of the headliner
20140414_171213.jpg
20140414_171207.jpg

Step 5: Put the mirror in the mounts
- You will have to tighten the mirror's screws, and then adjust the mirror and tighten the mounts nut with the wrench.

Finished Product:
20140414_171240.jpg

Link to product I bought:https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Looks good, curious what kind of functionality you still have from the visors. When I put my mirror in I completely removed my visors and kick myself for it during some evenings with a low sun.

Did this a couple months ago, visors have like 5 degrees of articulation. (I.E completely useless) Whenever I'm done exams I'll probably be making myself some new brackets so I can move the mirror left a couple inches as well as maintain slight use of the visor for my gf.

Optimal mounting puts the "end" of the first panel directly over the centre of the wheel. It's the best way to see your blind spot to the left, not that it's a big deal as I can still see plenty, but it'd be nice to move it a TAD bit lower while being able to still use the visor.

Looks good, curious what kind of functionality you still have from the visors. When I put my mirror in I completely removed my visors and kick myself for it during some evenings with a low sun.
If I pop it out of the right holder thing, I can swing it down, and it comes down a little below the mirror. It makes a little difference, but then alot of the mirror is covered. So I usually just don't use them. Still pretty happy with it. I wish that it had the night flick thing on the bottom. Lots of big trucks with big lights around here in Alabama.

Back