What have you done to your MSP today?

I didn't know that motor oil went into the gearbox. Haven't you replaced 3 boxes lol. Better yet if you know it's oil starvation, why keep starving it of oil? (smash)

That's why I said 90% instead of 100%...

Preferio, are you running the Doc B setup and have you considered getting your oil pan baffled? Seems like a small investment to keep your MSP on the road.

In a way your very helpful lol. I don't drive like that but I know if I do the things that you break, my msp will NEVER break lol

Drove the monkey to work today. I'm at work now. I should be working.

btw I'm a car designer.

anyway, got really pissed off because the car started clunking. I just did a ton of work to the thing. Clunking in a random sort of way. Over expansion strips, over bumps, when turning, when lugging the engine. etc.

Thought maybe CV joint, another bad swaybar link(s)? Tranny coming apart?

At lunch time I went out to parking lot and did some laps with friend listening from outside the car.

Did you tighten the lugs on the side you last worked on? Yes. Check them. NO. No apparently I did not. Drove from Ann Arbor to Dearborn with loose wheel.

I took mechanics classes at the school Perferio took driving lessons. See how that works?

Last edited:
Yea I almist did that after waterpump on wifes car lol. Was eager to test it out ar 11pm lol

Motor is in and all wired, but the clutch won't bleed out. Feels like it is just pushing air. There is plenty of fluid in the res, but nothing still. WTF! Any suggestions? Neer had this problem with any of the other motor swaps I've done to either MSP.

The turbo had 185k on it and think of how many times bearing material went through it.. it's not something unexpected. I've been looking at turbos for a few months. It just sucks that i dont have the funds right now to upgrade, so going back with the gt25.

Idk how you can say the MSP can't take it when so many of the owners race there's... They are properly put together in most cases though. It does have many weak links though. That's for sure but we all know this already. Well, most of us anyways

I have put over 70k hard miles on my car with the stock drivetrain and turbo (minus 3rd gear and LSD replacement), boosting over 10psi every day plus a couple track days mixed in. Some MSPs certainly can take it.

Although I hope I didn't jinx myself saying that.

I have put over 70k hard miles on my car with the stock drivetrain and turbo (minus 3rd gear and LSD replacement), boosting over 10psi every day plus a couple track days mixed in. Some MSPs certainly can take it.

Although I hope I didn't jinx myself saying that.

Damn im still at the stock 6psi!

You potential Megasquirt users need to get together for a GB on a PnP setup for the Protg.

Tracking info says I'll get my replacement turbo today. Have this whole weekend to myself, so either Saturday night or Sunday morning I'll throw it on.

Back