What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

What did you do to your 2 today?

It was a fun 3 years, but today I said goodbye.
bf6cb331cf0585993e77561717fea1c2.jpg

Last edited:
WHAT?! And I was thinking of PMing you to see if I can test drive it this Sunday with the autocross setup. I'm driving to North Jersey.

Not sure exactly when I'll be up, but at some point in the next 2-3 months I'm planning on meeting up with Jeff to corner balance and play with alignment on mine... It's very similarly set up to his.

Last weekend I:

- Replaced the passenger side mirror (cracked it pulling out of my garage)
- cleaned the interior a tad
- installed DDM Works solid shifter bushings - excellent upgrade for only $20

This weekend hopefully I'll:

- Install DDM Works short shifter
- Wash/wax
- Install Racing Beat front swaybar if it comes in time =)

This morning, I also installed the DDM Works solid shifter bushings. Along with that, put in the Dog Bone motor mount, swapped in some more solid sway bar end links, and mounted these craigslist 15x7 Borbets (the rears don't fit yet). I changed some of my damper settings and it's so much smoother.

Hopefully this week, I'll put in new pads, change the oil and trans fluid, and make the rears fit.

Today, I:

-gave the car an oil change
-added LiquiMoly's Ceratec into the engine oil
-cleaned the throttle body
-installed a drop-in K&N air filter
-upgraded my foglamps bulbs to PIAA
-gave it a detailed wash

Feeling good about it

I put CS coilovers on my car and its a bit lower than expected. Not a bad thing, just an observation. They are rather good for a daily driver.

Today I:
- Changed the motor oil. Mobil 1 0w-20 and an extended (M1-110) oil filter.
- Changed the transmission oil to Motorcraft XT-M5-QS fluid
- Changed the taillights to Spec-D smoked LED
- New BF Goodrich Sport Comp-2 in 195/50-15 on the Konig Heliums with Road Force balance
- Aligned to -2 camber and 0 toe(toe may change)
- Changed stock springs for Manzo springs
- Installed DDMWorks short shifter and bushings
- Cleaned interior and exterior

Busy day.

Good job! I'm 4 years into a 5 year loan on mine. I got 0% interest, though, so I'm in no hurry to pay it off. Student loans first.

Thanks!

I bought mine 0 down 0% financing but, I just wanted to get the thing paid off.
Honestly, it was a moral victory to pay off the loan early! I've never done it before on any of my previous car loans. I just had to do it. And, I'm hoping a set a precedent for my future. :D

Mike

Back