Difference between Mazda3 and Mazda6

1) If back seat passengers are under 5'9: The 3
2) If #1 is true and fuel mileage is your main concern: The 3
3) If acceleration is most important: The 2.5L 3
4) If you want a hatchback: The 3
5) If cost is your main concern: The 3

Up until the 2017 there were a bit more differences than the overall size of the car. But now that the 2017 3 is getting the same face lift as the 6 got last year, they are even closer.

Mazda 6 is larger, heaver, a bit quieter, and probably a better all around car if you are looking for a flagship car. Mazda 3 is faster (lighter), different Dash (Tach in the primary middle gauge). When it comes to features and such, they are pretty much the same as long as you compare the same trims... aka Mazda 3 "S" Touring vs Mazda 6 Touring.

Oops... didn't notice this was a fairly old thread.

My dealer may be full of it, but they said they should be able to order at the end of this month. I know it just got released in Japan last week. So I'm expecting to order it and have to wait the 2-4 months. Hoping to have it right around Oct\Nov when I sell the TDI back.

Yes...lots... Google "2017 Mazda 3" and limit your search to the last week or so. It will be the first ones with the new G-Vectoring as well (hope it doesn't raise the price too much)

The Front end changes like the Mazda 6, comes with full LED headlights, and now has the Mazda 6 center console (which I really don't like very well)

Maybe it's east Coast but right now on the west coast every dealer I walk into is 2 Grand off the Mazda 3 and 3 Grand off the Mazda 6.

Fyi I'm ordering my 2017 in a couple days :)

Last edited:
Back