Anyone know where to buy the Mazda5 front grille garnish in the U.S.

socialcarpet

Banned
:
2014 Mazda5 Sport 6 speed manual
I've found a pretty cool Mazda OEM accessory called a "grille garnish" which does a nice job of breaking up that big crazy Nagare Prozac smile grille...but they don't seem to sell it in the U.S. Only UK and Canada.

Does anyone know where I might be able to order one in the U.S. or if perhaps a Canadian dealership might ship one to me?

Here's what I'm referring to, in case you're wondering:

http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda5/2010-06/exterior-styling/CG15V4220/

I've found a pretty cool Mazda OEM accessory called a "grille garnish" which does a nice job of breaking up that big crazy Nagare Prozac smile grille...but they don't seem to sell it in the U.S. Only UK and Canada.

Does anyone know where I might be able to order one in the U.S. or if perhaps a Canadian dealership might ship one to me?

Here's what I'm referring to, in case you're wondering:

http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda5/2010-06/exterior-styling/CG15V4220/
Hmm, correct me if I am wrong but isn't that type of mesh grille already on our MZ5s? It looks identical to mine.

The garnish is standard on Touring and Grand Touring models. You could probably order it. I checked at the dealership and they quoted $90 but I was unsure if it would work, if it didn't I would have to eat the cost.

As Davicho already mentioned, this isn't a UK/Canada thing. Yours being a base sport model, just doesn't have it.

I have it on my car, from the factory. You will event ually want to add the fogs, side skirts, and the rear top spoiler. Totally transforms the look of the car

I have it in my car and it doesn't break up anything. The color is too close to black.
See photo below.

I am thinking about painting it white. But it is still a smiley face.

IMG_2102.jpg

embrace the face!. I think the front looks cool as is.

Yeah, no. hahaha.

I love the car, but this is a face only a mother could love. That insane Prozac smile grille actually kept me from buying a Mazda 3 a few years back when I was considering one. I caved when it came to the 5 though because it's just so perfect for me in every other way. I'm sure it will grow on me, but I am definitely interested improving the looks of the front end and doing something to break up that dopey grin. Open to suggestions, as long as it's not going to cost me $1000, require a body kit that will lower ground clearance considerably or make it look like a teenager's ricer project.

Thanks to those who posted about the grille garnish. I don't think I'll go that route now that I see how dark it is. Never thought I'd say this...but I wonder if this isn't a job for Plasti Dip? Tape up the rest of the grille and just hit that little crescent shaped area covered by the garnish trim with some light silver Plasti Dip. Any thoughts on that? I assume it's pretty easy to reverse if I don't like the results...

Ah ha.. that makes sense, Ok.

I don't think I'd spend the money on fog lights, there are no dark roads where I live so they serve no purpose for me. The side skirts I wouldn't do because I don't want to lose any ground clearance. I could see doing the rear top spoiler someday perhaps. Right now I'm just fixated on figuring out an elegant solution to make that grille look less like a grinning Pokemon.

Ah ha.. that makes sense, Ok.

I don't think I'd spend the money on fog lights, there are no dark roads where I live so they serve no purpose for me. The side skirts I wouldn't do because I don't want to lose any ground clearance. I could see doing the rear top spoiler someday perhaps. Right now I'm just fixated on figuring out an elegant solution to make that grille look less like a grinning Pokemon.
I have no need for fogs either, but to me the front of the car looks empty without the fogs.

I hate blanking plates, always makes it obvious what the car is missing.

Side skirts make you lose ground clearance? Guess that would matter if I lived in Africa. Had no issues with them at all. Car is not low by any means.

To me without the side skirts the side looks horrrendous.

Of course just my opinion.

Yea the blanking plates bug the hell out of me but I don't want to drop $300 for a set of plug and play foglights, seems pricey for something so simple.

Yeah, no. hahaha.

I love the car, but this is a face only a mother could love. That insane Prozac smile grille actually kept me from buying a Mazda 3 a few years back when I was considering one. I caved when it came to the 5 though because it's just so perfect for me in every other way. I'm sure it will grow on me, but I am definitely interested improving the looks of the front end and doing something to break up that dopey grin. Open to suggestions, as long as it's not going to cost me $1000, require a body kit that will lower ground clearance considerably or make it look like a teenager's ricer project.

Thanks to those who posted about the grille garnish. I don't think I'll go that route now that I see how dark it is. Never thought I'd say this...but I wonder if this isn't a job for Plasti Dip? Tape up the rest of the grille and just hit that little crescent shaped area covered by the garnish trim with some light silver Plasti Dip. Any thoughts on that? I assume it's pretty easy to reverse if I don't like the results...

I have to admit that at first when the new gen came out I hated it too as I drove my 2006. However, I ended up buying my 2012 because other then the polarizing looks it is the perfect vehicle for me and my family and my old 2006 was just starting to be a pain in my pocket book. Anyway, I have actually warmed up to it and now I love the looks of it. I think the 2008-2010 model is the best looking MZ5 but I have also learned to love and appreciate my "always happy and smiling" little van. One suggestion that you can try, that I have thought about doing but have never gotten around to doing it was to plasti dip a section that runs all the way down and continues the line of the grille on the small section of painted bumper at the very bottom. If anyone with Photoshop skills can do this to show us all it would be great also.

Yea the blanking plates bug the hell out of me but I don't want to drop $300 for a set of plug and play foglights, seems pricey for something so simple.

agree, too pricey, but bugs the crap out of me...

Follow up - does any one know how to REMOVE this front grille garnish?

I am looking at it and it looks like it is a plastic fascia that was applied on top of the black grill.

EDIT: I see how to remove it now. It is not that simple! There are two screws on the top and it looks like it snaps or clips at the bottom. I searched the internet for a photo of the part before installation, and this website in Poland has one. The finish look different than the one installed in my car, but the part is the same, CG15-V4-220 .

In the pic is clear that there are two screws or bolts at the top. But to get to them, the plastic bumper has to be removed!! I will search how to remove the bumper.

http://www.fox.rzeszow.pl/Img.ashx?Id=6760
Img.ashx

Last edited:
Back