What have you done to your MSP today?

Damn I wish mine had 65 K
I agree 100%. Mine's still BONE stock with under 65k on the clock. :)
spicy_market.JPG

Finally got the bc coilovers on.... what a difference. Good news is I only had one seized bolt on the front left swaybar link nothing a Sawzall couldn't fix. Loving the msp right now ☺

So I take it then Monday you'll be posting about how something else broke right? Hope not. It's no fun breaking things. You've got a history though.

I hate you. Spun another GT25 to death. Can only imagine spinning them to 20+psi is having an adverse effect on their lifespan. Noticed it only boosting to 18psi, then 15psi, then after boosting, I'd get a plume of smoke. Pulled off the road and disconnected my charge piping so I could make it home without sucking impellers into the engine and blowing smoke for 45 miles. The last one went out going to the same place. Weird. Well, finally going to get a GT28 I guess. That's the silver lining I suppose.

I hate you. Spun another GT25 to death. Can only imagine spinning them to 20+psi is having an adverse effect on their lifespan. Noticed it only boosting to 18psi, then 15psi, then after boosting, I'd get a plume of smoke. Pulled off the road and disconnected my charge piping so I could make it home without sucking impellers into the engine and blowing smoke for 45 miles. The last one went out going to the same place. Weird. Well, finally going to get a GT28 I guess. That's the silver lining I suppose.

That sucks. At least you dont have to tear apart a gearbox or the engine again though :) Dont those max out map wise at 15-16? Idk. I can tell you that 20psi with the disco will be considerably more air. I had one on my other msp. I'd like to get another for this one.

Oh, yeah. It maxes out right at 20-21psi, then falls and holds at about 16psi. I am looking forward to moving up to a 28.

Oh, yeah. It maxes out right at 20-21psi, then falls and holds at about 16psi. I am looking forward to moving up to a 28.

I'd like to, but I have a cracked manifold and need to do something about it with the 0 money I have to put towards it.

The part that sucks is that I am now going to be forced to upgrade my engine management. I'll want to run the GT2871 at 25psi. LOL.

What size is the oil supply line? And is a .035" the correct restrictor size?

I'm getting a GT2871R that is a journal bearing, not an actual ball bearing turbo. Does that still apply?

And can those who have either give their opinion- GT2871R or GT2860R?

Back