I can't roll down one of my windows...

kcfoxie

:
2009 Mazda5 (manual)
So I've searched about and can't find this behavior in other threads or on the web.

My 2009 Mazda5 did something odd one time to me shortly after purchase. The passenger window didn't roll down from the driver side controls. I got it to go down with the controls on the door, and then the driver door controls worked. I have since read that this may be a "reprogramming" issue/feature/thing.

Well the driver side slider door window did this the other day and sure enough pressing the button a few times on the door itself got it to work, and then it worked on the driver door control.

Today I can't get it to do anything from either switch. The window lock isn't enabled. I'm not sure where to start. Voltmeter to the switches? Any wisdom is much appreciated.

Could be the switch, could be the motor, most likely the window is just gummed to the window felt in the channel. This seems to happen to a lot of 5s, most common on the passenger side, for reasons no one has ever explained

Hmm... so grease it up a little and see what happens? The window has, of course, started working again. I never could find the relay that "pops" to prevent motor burn out, and I could swear I heard the motor click as if it got the signal... but not even an attempt of motion. Really bizarre. My spouse says it's all the european cars in the driveway, the japanese car has caught their "character bug."

I think it is related to airflow over that side of the car (passenger side) When my passenger side is stuck it won't even attempt to move either so that part of it is normal. Now if your car was catching the European thing it would be leaking oil and the electrics would get all wonky, hey wait a minute.....

Too funny my rear drivers side window does this at times. just once every so often!

Too funny my rear drivers side window does this at times. just once every so often!

There have actually been at least 2 threads about this. Replacing the drivers side PW switch won't solve it I have found. What REALLY works for me is when it won't go down, I go UP, then it will go down. This happens on both rear door windows.

This happened to me last month. Annoying. What was more annoying was the problem. Dirt, build-up in channel. Clean the window and rubber and see if it helps. No probs on mine since.

Darren

My passenger window has this problem. When it first started I ran a store card along all the seals inside and outside and then it opened. Next day it didn't, and still won't even though I've tried the card treatment a couple more times. And I am still hearing the motor click when I push the button. Any other tips?

Back