Next CX-9 debuing this fall in LA

:
2009 CX-9 Touring AWD
anyone seen pictures yet?
http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-ne...-a-auto-show-this-fall-new-cx-7-could-follow/

is this the CX-3?
35584d1388741607-cx-3-mazda-cx-3-2015.jpg

35585d1388741631-cx-3-mazda-cx-3-2015-2-.jpg

Last edited:
interesting. Nice to hear some more substantial rumblings on this... If it was a mid 2016 release too, as a 2017, i wouldn't be insane for swapping up in November 2016 (as I will have owned my 2014 for two years by then, it doesn't seem too crazy, lol). We shall see... Always seems like an eager waiting game with Mazda, while other companies put out crap derivatives of their models no one cares about...

I am not sure about a turbo, really, for reliability concern.
The last CX-7 was horrible in reliability (worst among Mazdas), mainly due to turbo-related issues.

Mainly on 07-08 CX7s (there was only one generation) and the problems were addressed and corrected 7-8 years ago. Turbos are the way of the future due to the rising fuel economy standards.

Yep, turbos are probably the future for the gasoline engine. Replace displacement with boost. Even Ferrari is going to a turbo engine for its new 488 GTB, and they dislike them (pretty funny how much they trash them actually). Mazda does have another option though, at least for the CX-9... that damn diesel. But who knows if/when that will ever come over and if it could motivate the 9.

Mazda just blew it on the CX7, pretty much all the way around. Turbos are not a problem. I have owned several turbo vehicles and the turbo itself never gave me issues on any of them.
It's nice that you can take a smaller engine, add a turbo with 1bar of pressure and essentially double the input/output efficiency. My favorite turbo car (that I have owned) was a '96 Eclipse. Put a 15% taller 5th gear in it and a few mods and it would get 36mpg if I could stay out of the go pedal.

With that Toyota partnership, would it be possible they're going to use a V-6 instead? Considering their anti-turbo stance on gas engines, I wouldn't be surprised if they either will make their own V-6 engine, use a Toyota GR motor, or had a hand in developing/revising an existing Toyota V-6. The 2016 RX 350 is getting a revised V-6 with direct injection and makes 300 hp and runs on regular gas according to the 2015 NYIAS press conference....sounds very Skyactiv-like imo

Back