Review: Corksport Skid Tray

No idea. I might call my insurance agent monday and see if they think my rates will go up if I make a claim. The body work alone on that right side will likely be over my deductible ($1k).

man a lot of 2's going off roading as of late.. glad you are ok and no major damage.. sounds like the skid plate paid itself in return. Hope it all works out and you get the car looking good as ever by spring.

man a lot of 2's going off roading as of late.. glad you are ok and no major damage.. sounds like the skid plate paid itself in return. Hope it all works out and you get the car looking good as ever by spring.

Yea it did and then some. Without it I'm pretty sure my oil pain would've been damaged and possibly even perforated. I keep forgetting to take a pic, I've been busy fitting a race seat into the miata this weekend among other things.

The skid tray is on my list of upgrades. Was thinking the rear torsion bar first, but with the salt and sand in New England during the winter as well as the dirt roads they randomly "comb" i think this is going on first!

Here are some photos of the damaged skidplate and wheel. The skidplate was basically supporting the entire weight of the front end.

The rear axle was replaced, but camber still seems to be off on that side, not sure how that's possible.

Wow,

That was some damage on the skid tray and wheel. That is really weird for the camber to be off, did they use a new beam?

-Derrick

They sourced a used one that they cleaned and painted. Rear camber was -1.4 L and -0.7 on the damaged side. Since technically its within spec (-2.5 to -0.5, ridiculous range!!!) I'm not sure they'll do anything about it. I do need them to get a new shock from you though on that corner since its clunking. When I mentioned the camber all they said was they might be able to use a shim. I'd rather them put in an unused axle, but I don't see that happening. Both all-state and the collision shop have actually been pretty easy to deal with (though their paint work isn't exactly exceptional).

I don't see the Mazda 2 skid tray on the Corksport website anymore - forgive me if i'm late to the party, but is this now discontinued?

Derrick, would CS be willing to sell the CAD drawing so someone could make one themselves? Will all the obvious legal "I wouldn't sell them" disclaimers, of course.

Nathan....

I am pretty sure with your skills and several pictures of what other people have done you could manage to do a cardboard cut out template ?

Shaun.....

Nathan....

I am pretty sure with your skills and several pictures of what other people have done you could manage to do a cardboard cut out template ?

Shaun.....

I could quite easily as could most but the difficult thing is getting my 2 somewhere in the air to measure it out properly! plus the 323F is taking a lot of my time!

Back