What have you done to your MSP today?

Anybody need any stock Protege parts or Mazda 3 parts there's a sale at the junkyard this weekend only

my yard isnt open on weekends and its 40 miles away.. can you get those plastic plugs (bolt covers) for the windshield wipers? I'm missing one for the cowl as well..

Yeah it is a pain in the butt. I waited until I swapped I was installing my forged motor to install the mounts.

wow.. thats saying something. lol

I really wanna do these heater hoses, so I'm back here anyway. Its kind of a 3 for the price of 1 kind of thing for me right now. lol

I threw a short piece of 2x4 over the front motor mount and the support for the battery box. throttle body is off.. intake isn't yet. But I an kneeling down inside the friggin bay. ha

Well.. I have to admit defeat on this rear motor mount/ I DID get all the hoses though. Even the heater hoses. I attached a long strip of tape to the end of both hoses and used that to get the hose back in the way I took it out. I worked pretty good actually. Today I am changing my throttle body gasket, cleaning/painting calipers and replacing that broken wheel stud from ages ago. I didn't even get my front bumper off yet. lol.

I bought a titanium a rear passenger door because the one on the car has about 8 dents in it and its cheaper to buy the whole door than to pay for PDR.

I just changed all my motor mounts for the back one I took off the throttle body and used a cracker bar with some extenders and a swivel joint on a deep well socket to get back there. the bolts were quite stuck on there and at first they wouldn't budge I actually broke an extender and almost my arm too! so I soaked the bolts thoroughly with some pb blaster for two days making sure they were adequately covered with pb the whole time on the third day I gave it a go and they finally broke loose! for the longer motor bolt I had to get under the car and I wished I had an extra elbow or maybe an extra wrist but I got in there and got it changed it was a b**** but its doable.

I installed a triple gauge a pillar from autometer the other day.
Also changed to a sr20 t25.
I'm looking for a fmic as we speak. I have an ets side mount and hard pipes, but I would still rather have a fmic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I installed a triple gauge a pillar from autometer the other day.
Also changed to a sr20 t25.
I'm looking for a fmic as we speak. I have an ets side mount and hard pipes, but I would still rather have a fmic.

Mrjreezy, I have a huge front mount and the moded crash bar to go with it. No cut required for the bumper. Check out my lazerblue part out thread

my yard isnt open on weekends and its 40 miles away.. can you get those plastic plugs (bolt covers) for the windshield wipers? I'm missing one for the cowl as well..

I have a bunch of those in the garage, I can ship some if you need. In the past I was the 'protege troll' and I would find random 3rd gens missing parts like that and replace them. Then I realized how stupid that was and that 95% of people driving regular proteges could not care less, lol.

The other night this (drunk) dude was sitting on the hood of my car and put two MASSIVE dents in it. I popped some of it out right away but still had two huge dents I was prepared to call a PDR guy about. Last night I grabbed a plastic scraper/clip tool thing I had in the garage and jammed it under the hood sheet metal 'skin' and managed to pop out the remaining dents perfectly. I am OCD about dents and stuff and even I am satisfied with it, looks like nothing happened whatsoever and was a huge weight off my shoulders.

AND I met this girl that was actually impressed I had two MSPs and really likes them lololol, wasn't a bad bday/4th of July weekend.

Last edited:
NICE! Yeah I've had two relatively hot chicks call this car "sexy".. It's fixin to be a whole lot more sexy too. hahha

Speaking of sexy, I wish I had a spiced orange msp. That is such a sexy color.
I do like the yellow though.

Wrx pink injectors are pnp if I'm not mistake, yes? I'm running lean and trying to think of options.

Last edited:
Dam man, so my car is still leaking water inside even after the firewall cover fix and unclogging the cowl drains. I think its coming from the cowl welds behind the dashboard... Ugh just makes me pissed off how cheap they made these proteges in some areas!

Dam man, so my car is still leaking water inside even after the firewall cover fix and unclogging the cowl drains. I think its coming from the cowl welds behind the dashboard... Ugh just makes me pissed off how cheap they made these proteges in some areas!

So when is it leaking exactly? I had my air on full blast the other day and went through a laser wash it was like 100* outside.. I left the car running while I vacuumed and noticed a few drips coming down from behind the dash. Wasn't sure if it was from the AC running full blast or from the wash.

I thought it was the AC, cause my buddy had something like that happen to his truck, but now I REALLY don't know. lol

Well in Florida its hurricane season right now there are waterfalls of rain every other day. We went out of town for the weekend in my fiances car and when I came back the underside of both floor mats were drenched with water. Before the weekend there was no water inside. This past weekend rained super hard so its obviously getting inside some how. Its just very disappointing that Mazda made such a poor car frame that it leaks water from many places. Absurd...

Damn man.. that sucks.. I only had that one incident. Now I will be watching that passenger floor mat like a hawk. lol

heh. only leak ive ever noticed was the trunk pool everyone has, and the new hole i put in the bottom with the jackstand lol. never had water in the cabin of any of the 4 proteges ive owned and it rains a good amount here...though apparently not right now... when our s**** on fire...

Back