Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

@ loosenut

Love that lip but cant get over the fitment issue at the edge of the lip.

This the ebay lip?
Yep, this is the seller I bought off of https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
After much struggle to get the lip to stretch to screw the flange in the wheel opening, I cut the flange off and used about 16 screws under the lip to secure it. My front bumper was screwed anyway so I had no problem putting a bunch of holes in it. It has held perfect through winter storms and rubbing on large grade changes. The front profile seemed to fit perfectly for me other than a dent in my bumper causes a little gap on the driver's side.

There soon much hotness on this thread. Definitely a lot of awesome info in fitment . Hopefully in a near future I'll be sharing mine, (owner to be)

Guys,

I'm planning to get a set of Enkei RPF1s 17x7.5J ET48, with 225/45 tires and lowering with Tein Street Advance coilovers.

With the lowered stance and the wider footprint - will this cause rubbing issues?

Appreciate any help.

I'd be happy with the height you have for yours. :)

(so maybe the highest setting the Tein can go, which would still be lower than stock)

Guys,

I'm planning to get a set of Enkei RPF1s 17x7.5J ET48, with 225/45 tires and lowering with Tein Street Advance coilovers.

With the lowered stance and the wider footprint - will this cause rubbing issues?

Appreciate any help.

i can't imagine you will have rubbing issue with that set-up. sounds very conservative. and if you do, its going to be minimal.

My wife surprised me with a brand new set of 18"x 8" +48mm Drag DR-31 matte black wheels for my girl as an early Father's Day present.

ywB6Der.jpg

Dang dude, different week, different wheels (alright) Color me jealous. Those are one of the very few aftermarket wheels that I would consider getting for mine. Congratulations on the wheels!

My wife surprised me with a brand new set of 18"x 8" +48mm Drag DR-31 matte black wheels for my girl as an early Father's Day present.

ywB6Der.jpg

Looks good! How does the x8 +48 fit? I have x8.5 +48 and cant go lower on the coilovers

Looks good! How does the x8 +48 fit? I have x8.5 +48 and cant go lower on the coilovers

Mine do not rub at all. However, I also have a slight rear fender roll as you can sort of see in the pic. I went a little too rough on the roller. :/

I scored some MX5 wheels (NC) to put on my 5, and I want to paint them in a dark gunmetal gray color, but can't find enough grey paint! 4 auto parts stores in my area and ALL are just about out, so I decided to try the DupliColor Black Chrome Kit. Anyone ever used it and what were your results like?

I just put 5mm aluminum spacers on the rear of my 2010 Touring with RX-8 wheels. No rubbing, and I hit a couple of monster dips going to and coming from work. I have Cooper RS. 225/40 on....

I just put 5mm aluminum spacers on the rear of my 2010 Touring with RX-8 wheels. No rubbing, and I hit a couple of monster dips going to and coming from work. I have Cooper RS. 225/40 on....

Hmmm, any pics on how they sit, hibern8r? I'm not even close to rubbing now that I've moved my rear camber more negative and I have 5mm spacers that I was going to use with my stock wheels. I may have to throw them on.

I just happened to take a couple of "just in case someone asked" pics yesterday. Not the greatest so let me know if you need more.
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
ITs close enough to flush for me. Any more and the fenders would have to be rolled or more camber. I like it!

Last edited:
Back