What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

7 sets of tires? That is insane. At just 62k you should be maybe just getting 1st or at worst 2nd set of new tires.

Sorry Vasy 7th tire not 7th set. As I sit here at the shop they have all four wheels off which concerns me...

I don't need much convincing on the Speed3 upgrade. I was a menber here way back in 07 when the discussion was almost purely anecdotal. I want to do it BADLY, just have to squeeze it in with all the other "to-do" items that have been waiting all winter

Way I see it, only the cost of the MS3 caliper (with bracket) and SS lines should be considered kit cost. The other stuff are wear/tear and servcie items and are subjective to cost/quality of selection. How much did these run ya? For those who recall, Rod found a way (more like a loop hole) on how to get it really cheap but I won't promote it in public space.

It is a GREAT investment. You get to drive faster and the wife gets to drive safer.

She drives plenty fast too. :D

So the upgrade then comes down to the Centric calipers and the Stoptech lines front and rear- those parts are just $380. No core exchange, no straight from the junkyard, no rebuild kit, none of that nonsense.

going to go out and install some hid's and change my cabin air filter once the bloody weather warms up. and pull off the cowl and inspect for junk in the blower fan since the vents have stunk for a couple days.

It looks like it has side impact airbags built into it. I don't miss the car seat days, it was one of the reasons we got the 5. My smallest is in a booster, but my middle kid is getting too big for the third row. My oldest is 2 years away from driving. The kids have literally grown up in the 5. I am starting to look for a used car for myself, so my oldest canuse the 5 as a first car. Crazy how fast it goes.

Yeah, got top awards. I figured to get that version since we can't put the car seat in the center of the car. It has foam to help with side impacts. I really wanted to get the Recaro, but this one can accommodate taller kids, which my daughter is.

35% tint last week, test fit of wheels over the weekend to get a feel for fitment. going to be tight but looks like it should work great. 18x8+45 18x9+38

16751657237_556cfd16c3_b.jpg

will lower in a few months, wheels may not get tires till a few months after that, or maybe not till next year. baby on the way so have to budget accordingly.

Last edited:
Rear sway bar bushings, holy crap did the underbody take a beating this winter. All of my heat shields are loose, I thought I was done for a while...

I did rear swaybar bushings monday...while under the van I found my right front axle cv boot is flinging out grease. :/

also front swaybar bushings look like they will be fun to swap.

I tried once and could not fit my arms and tools in such a way to break them free. The rear bolts were pretty hard to turn with tons of space.

Last spring I also tried with hand tools to break loose my front sway bar bushing bolts. I wanted to replace them with greaseable polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension. I did this with the front wheels off, for winter to summer tire/rim swap, and the car up on jack stands. I could not get enough leverage with my hand tools to do the replacement, so I left the OEM bushings at the time. I only had about 25,000 miles on the car so it's not like the original bushings were bad. Since then though, I've got an air ratchet to use with my compressor and perhaps that will give me the leverage I lacked.

Rear sway bar bushings, holy crap did the underbody take a beating this winter. All of my heat shields are loose, I thought I was done for a while...

I did rear swaybar bushings monday...while under the van I found my right front axle cv boot is flinging out grease. :/

also front swaybar bushings look like they will be fun to swap.

Must be the season, just finished rear sway bar bushings. I did the front last year, actually, a friend of mine with a lift, power tools and knowledge did most of the work...

Installed KINIVO Bluetooth handsfree car kit. Found a way to tuck the wires behind the dash for a clean set up. The car feels up to date with current vehicles that are equipped with Bluetooth capability.

attachment.php

Back