What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hall also had 3 sales associates contact me at almost the exact same time with 2 of them taking live videos of the car and emailing and texting them to me...

So do you think I should go with them or what other dealers have given you a better rate.

Test drove a CX-5 at a dealer - Base Touring -- I did not like it much, wife did -- guess the test drive was small and too much construction going on - the Dealer gave me an extended test drive, drove it on TX 114 a bit and back home -- will keep it till tomorrow. Tested passing power, BSM, Sport mode (this one works unlike Nissan's).
Will see how this goes.

Hello all, I've been looking for a CX-5 for the past 4-6 months. Now that the 2016.5 was released I feel like it is a good time to purchase. After looking through all the different models I do think I'd be most comfortable with a Grand Touring w/ Tech Package. Currently I'm driving a BRZ Limited, but after 3 years I'm getting tired of the bumpy ride, being so low to the ground, and not having any space for items or even my dog. I have gotten used to having all the bells and whistles though, like dual climate control, push to start, heated seats, HIDs, etc. That's why I think I'd be most comfortable with a GT + Tech Package.

I've found 1 Grand Touring w/ Tech Package in my area...but it does have added accessories (Roof Rails, Cargo Cover). The listed price is $31,100. ($28,570 vehicle, $900 Destination Fee, $1,155 Tech Package, $275 Roof Rack, $200 Cargo Cover)
Personally, I don't care for the Roof Rack or Cargo Cover, but it is the only Meteor Grey GT in my area that has Tech Package without the i-ActiveSense package as well.

What is a good price I should be asking for this car? Should I ask the dealership to remove the Roof Rack + Cargo Cover since I don't really care for those items? Or should I just try to get them included with a lower price? I was thinking that I was gonna attempt to see if I could get them down to $29,000 for the vehicle. Is that too low for them to consider? Or should I be asking for less than $29,000? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks and hopefully I'll be in a Cx-5 sometime soon.

EDIT: I just received an email from Mazda about this vehicle. They're offering me the vehicle for $30,600 + TTL. They also go into detail about some promotional offers such as $500 rebate. What do you all think? Is this a good offer for a GT with Tech Package?

Last edited:
26700 / - otd for a Touring with Bose + Moon roof.
Excluding $500 mazda finance rebate the discount is 6.88% - but Dark Blue and Red with Sand interior is hawt rite now.

Will wait or shop Rav4 in meantime.

Hello everyone, I have received about three dealer OTD prices online for the 2016.5 CX-5 Touring and I was hoping people could chime in and let me know if these are great offers.

Dealer 1: (Furthest one)
2016.5 FWD CX-5 Touring (one left in district and in black)

MSRP is $26,170
$25,007 with standard rates from Mazda Capital
$349 doc fee
$1584.75 (tax)
$132.50 new plates
----------------------
Total: $27,073.25 Out the door

Dealer 2:
2016.5 CX-5 FWD TOURING
$27,415 OTD price
-Doesn't really want to break down the costs associated and such

Dealer 3:

2016.5 CX-5 AWD TOURING
MSRP: $27,470
your price $25,499(Destination Fee included)
RMV fees(Title ($75) + Doc Fee($394)): $469
Tax(6.25% $25,499)$:1,593.6875
------------
Total: $27,561.6875

I asked Dealer #3 for 0% APR/36 months and $5,000 down payment after all of the negotiations and he said okay to it. Do you guys think Dealer #3 is the best deal? They only offered AWD apparently since it's the most popular option in the northeast.

Dealer 1: (Furthest one)
2016.5 FWD CX-5 Touring (one left in district and in black)
MSRP is $26,170
$25,007 with standard rates from Mazda Capital
$349 doc fee
$1584.75 (tax)
$132.50 new plates
----------------------
Total: $27,073.25 Out the door

Dealer 2:
2016.5 CX-5 FWD TOURING
$27,415 OTD price
-Doesn't really want to break down the costs associated and such

Dealer 3:
2016.5 CX-5 AWD TOURING
MSRP: $27,470
your price $25,499(Destination Fee included)
RMV fees(Title ($75) + Doc Fee($394)): $469
Tax(6.25% $25,499)$:1,593.6875
------------
Total: $27,561.6875
My tax is similar to yours, I was quoted 26,700 OTD for a Touring with Bose / Moon Roof. Here is what I gauged from this thread:
1. If you have some time and are in no hurry - try for 10 off MSRP you may run into a car that has been on the lot for long.
2. If you are in a hurry - 7.5 off the MSRP is decent.
3. If you are in hurry and need an indemand color combo - White / Deep Blue / Red (Black might be here too) then 5-7.5% is good.

You can beat the above discounts if it is end of month and Dealer needs to move a few to hit some sales target for extra bonus from Mazda. So I would try with a volume dealer now we are near end of month.
Also if you can get a 36 mo. 0% or a 0.9% that will save you about $500-1000 in interest over the next few years.
Your first dealer pricing of 27K OTD pales in comparison to Mine at 26.7K with moon roof package. But I am in DFW which is a big market, bigger if you want to drive to Denton and other nearby towns.
I hope you get a better deal. gl.

Thanks.

So I went by the dealership today and here's what they offered:

2016.5 white GT w/ Tech Package, Cargo Cover, Roof Rails....$29,400
My 2013 BRZ Limited w/ 60k miles: $15,000 ($17,000 Left on the loan)
TTL came out to: $1,840
Total after TTL and negative trade equity: $33,240.
My credit score is good, so they offered me 36 months at 0.0%, or anything above 36 months is 0.9%.
Right now I'm in a bad loan with my BRZ. I got the car when my credit was trash so they got me in a 10% interest/72 month/$625 payments.
I'm desperate to get out of my BRZ loan, and I don't mind high payments so long as I know the money is going to the car and not interest like it is now.
With all that said, should I take this latest offer they threw at me?
54 months, 0.9%, 0 money down, $610 a month.
Or should I look more places to get my BRZ appraised to see if I can get closer to $16k or $17k for it?
Edit: I should mention that I could do about $750-$1,000 down...but I'm not sure where that would put my payments. I'm thinking right at $600ish?

Just bought home..
Touring w/ Moon roof Bose Audio

Added features
Window Tint ($569 - what?)
Cargo Tray

Did about 25% down payment got a 5.09 Rate (Creidt is 770 Trans and 730 Equi).
Will get it refinanced.

Car I noticed had 3 very minor clear coat scratches which I will fix once I go for Tags (got it in writing from them).
My discount on MSRP is 11.5% (Excluding the tint and Tray).

Towards the end I liked the all season mats but he was not budging even if i did 40% down payment. So thats bad.

One suggestion to those going for Touring Base but have more commutes - hear out the Bose Audio. Someone this site said its good for the price and I think it is.
Awesome sound!

Went into check out a 2016.5 Grand Touring AWD. No tech package or really any other options and msrp was at $31525. Dealer offered $33,240 OTD including TTL including giving me $23k for my immaculate 2014 Subaru WRX with 21k miles. I wasn't happy with the OTD price so I walked away.

That's strange. My score is 730 and I got offered 0% for 36 months or 0.9% for anything longer than 36 months. I can't pass this up cause I'm currently in a terrible loan at 72 months/10%. I made a huge mistake 3 years ago and have been dying to get out of this loan!

That's strange. My score is 730 and I got offered 0% for 36 months or 0.9% for anything longer than 36 months. I can't pass this up cause I'm currently in a terrible loan at 72 months/10%. I made a huge mistake 3 years ago and have been dying to get out of this loan!

You can get out of that loan anytime. All auto loans have a clause - pre payment with no penalty. So lets say if you switched it to DCU and they should offer you 2.5% or so - they will pre pay your current lender the full amount and get the title.
DCU is digital federal credit union - It gave my wife a 1.49% on our current used Corolla. Pretty decent imho. If they need reference I can give mine - at that point you need to donate $10 to a charity and keep a minimum $ 5 balance in your account. You can then get their APR which is good.

So even if you are planning on getting the CX-5 in a month or two you can refinance right now and get out of it - don't let that APR be the reason you buy a new car.

On the CX-5 if you have time this would be my strategy.

1. Send a request to quote for 4-5 dealers -- some will give you quote some will not.
2. Wait Wait Wait - dont go in to a dealership first you will get a bad quote.
3. Test drive from a dealer - use the extended one if they offer, that helped me decide on the car.
4. Hopefully soon - one of the dealers will get desperate and will offer you a good 10% off MSRP.
5. Add more things you want - Cargo Tray and Tint were free for me, i did not care for others.
6. Use the give and take on accessories - I will throw in 7K down, give me the cargo tray and so on. Dont reveal all your cards up front.

Factor in the color combination - take the best quote to the dealer who worked more for you - In my case I could not do it because that Dealer on hearing my quote avoided me like plague. Could I have done better ? Certainly but I was happy and made the deal.

If I had to do it again - boy I would love to get a White AWD Touring with Bose Speakers - I would not settle for less than 13% off MSRP + Oil Service + Cargo Tray + some goodies.

Get a good quote for the Car first dont let them know about your BRZ, use KBB / Edmunds and try listing on Craigslist.
Subaru's are more desirable than even Honda's so there will be people wanting to buy it.

GL.

You can get out of that loan anytime. All auto loans have a clause - pre payment with no penalty. So lets say if you switched it to DCU and they should offer you 2.5% or so - they will pre pay your current lender the full amount and get the title.
DCU is digital federal credit union - It gave my wife a 1.49% on our current used Corolla. Pretty decent imho. If they need reference I can give mine - at that point you need to donate $10 to a charity and keep a minimum $ 5 balance in your account. You can then get their APR which is good.

So even if you are planning on getting the CX-5 in a month or two you can refinance right now and get out of it - don't let that APR be the reason you buy a new car.

On the CX-5 if you have time this would be my strategy.

1. Send a request to quote for 4-5 dealers -- some will give you quote some will not.
2. Wait Wait Wait - dont go in to a dealership first you will get a bad quote.
3. Test drive from a dealer - use the extended one if they offer, that helped me decide on the car.
4. Hopefully soon - one of the dealers will get desperate and will offer you a good 10% off MSRP.
5. Add more things you want - Cargo Tray and Tint were free for me, i did not care for others.
6. Use the give and take on accessories - I will throw in 7K down, give me the cargo tray and so on. Dont reveal all your cards up front.

Factor in the color combination - take the best quote to the dealer who worked more for you - In my case I could not do it because that Dealer on hearing my quote avoided me like plague. Could I have done better ? Certainly but I was happy and made the deal.

If I had to do it again - boy I would love to get a White AWD Touring with Bose Speakers - I would not settle for less than 13% off MSRP + Oil Service + Cargo Tray + some goodies.

Get a good quote for the Car first dont let them know about your BRZ, use KBB / Edmunds and try listing on Craigslist.
Subaru's are more desirable than even Honda's so there will be people wanting to buy it.

GL.
I agree with all of this...

Can you toss out the name of where you got the 11.5%...

2016.5 CX 5 Grand Touring, AWD, Sonic Silver, Black Leather, tech pkg. Roof Rack, Cargo Net... $29,900.00

2016.5 CX 5 Grand Touring, AWD, Sonic Silver, Black Leather, tech pkg. Roof Rack, Cargo Net... $29,900.00
That seems to be the given price most dealers throw out on initial contact. Probably got that one 3 outta 4 times when I first started shopping. No thanks...

http://www.ocmazda.com/new/Mazda/20...lifornia-36fa8b740a0e0ae8595b246c593938dc.htm

I'm currently looking at this build for a CX-5 GT FWD base. MSRP is $29,470. I'm planning to offer $29,500 OTD including TTL. Is that too far of a stretch?

Depends on how desperate you are.
Is that the only model in your color choice?
IS that the only dealer nearby?
Do you want that car soon?
Are you sold on MAzda CX-5?
For me the reason I got a better price was my wife, she basically said "I am a value buyer, dont care the brand - Mazda nissan etc. at that Price I might as well buy a Rogue SV with tech package." So we waited and got a really good quote back.

A good yard stick for me would be - If you have a hard to find build i.e. trim color combo etc. (GTs are very easy to find dealers in DFW carry GT to others in 3:1 ratio) - you can take 7.5% off MSRP + some nice extras and go with that.

Back