What did you pay for your CX-5?

I can't answer for the dealers pricing and experiences in your area, however, on the financing aspect, yes you can negotiate price and get the special financing. Good luck and hope your buying experience is a smooth and easy one...

Thanks NelsonLewis. I went and ahead and made the deal for 2016.5 GT Soul Red with Tech Pkg (had roof rack and wheel locks installed already)

Selling Price: $28655
OTD: $31,862

not sure if its a good deal though.....

My other question is, how do i differentiate between 2016 and 2016.5 models? All documents seems to be showing model year as 2016 only :(

My other question is, how do i differentiate between 2016 and 2016.5 models? All documents seems to be showing model year as 2016 only :(

When I was at the dealership, the window stickers clearly said either 2016 or 2016.5.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 (not .5) Touring with the Moonroof and Tech packages. MSRP is $28,850, dealer price is $27,850. Think my odds are good for getting them to knock another $750-$1000 off? Not sure if it not being a .5 model makes any difference in its value (no heated seats), also not sure how long it's been on the lot (at least a month, since that was when I first started shopping for a CX-5). I've got 1.9% financing secured with my credit union, but won't put that out there during negotiation.

Man, I dont know how you guys are getting these prices. I spent all week going around to dealers in the Seattle area, the lowest I could get was $30.5K for a 2016.5 AWD GT with only the Tech Package in Deep Crystal Blue. When I told them $29.0K they laughed at me and said "Sorry, we can't do that". That was a week ago, no callbacks.

Part of it you are looking at 2016.5 and they are trying to push the 2016 off the lots and you figured 2017 will be here before we know it. Probably less then a year before they hit the lots. Here is western PA both Mazda dealers I pass of rows of CX-5's

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 (not .5) Touring with the Moonroof and Tech packages. MSRP is $28,850, dealer price is $27,850. Think my odds are good for getting them to knock another $750-$1000 off? Not sure if it not being a .5 model makes any difference in its value (no heated seats), also not sure how long it's been on the lot (at least a month, since that was when I first started shopping for a CX-5). I've got 1.9% financing secured with my credit union, but won't put that out there during negotiation.
You should be able to get another $2k off, if not more. The price you're being quoted is terrible. Walk...

Mazda has a 0.0 APR for 36 months and I believe 0.9 for 48 to 60 months (not very sure of above 3 year APR). There is an additional $500 rebate if you finance via the dealer for these APR's which you may also explore......just a suggestion.

You should be able to get another $2k off, if not more. The price you're being quoted is terrible. Walk...
Oh they haven't quoted me anything yet, that's just the price on their website. We haven't actually talked about price yet. I guess I'll throw a lower number out there and see what happens. End of the month, "older" model, maybe they'll bite. I currently drive a Genesis Coupe Premium, which I love, so if they balk, walking is not a big deal for me.

Mazda has a 0.0 APR for 36 months and I believe 0.9 for 48 to 60 months (not very sure of above 3 year APR). There is an additional $500 rebate if you finance via the dealer for these APR's which you may also explore......just a suggestion.
Thanks, I'll check that out. Even if it was 1.9%, I'd take that for the rebate. Does Mazda have conquest incentives?

UPDATE: So this is how it went:
I went in thinking I was going to start at $25500, which is slightly lower than 10% off MSRP. They originally gave me a price that was $1000 above MSRP -- I said your website says $27,500, where did this number come from? He said oh, that's the internet price, you need to mention that. Ok, who in 2016 doesn't look at the website to get prices? Anyway ... I got them to $25713 by pointing out an almost comparable 2016.5 that was 4 hours away in St Louis, where we were going next month anyway. So they tried to play the game where they lowball the hell out of the trade-in to make up for the lower new car price -- we are about $4,000 off on what they want to give me and what I'd accept. Salesman said, "Mazda doesn't do rebates, so that's the best we can do." So I got my car key back and left, without any pushback from the salesman. I had the advantage of doing this half-heartedly, since I love my Genesis Coupe, but kinda wanted a CUV as something more spacious and practical. Hate that I wasted about 90 minutes of his time, but I guess that's the game.

Funny thing is, according to Cars.com, the Black Book value (which the dealer said they use instead of KBB) has the car valued at more than what I was asking for it.

Last edited:
Will be picking up my Mazda CX-5 FWD 2.5L on Saturday. Sell price $22,300, OTD $24,218 Fantastic deal. Very happy. Curious though why FWD is so difficult to find?

I apologize, I think Mazda was not offering the finance rebate on the cx-5.

I apologize, I think Mazda was not offering the finance rebate on the cx-5.
No problem. Won't hurt to ask if I go back. Carmax appraised my car for $19k yesterday, about $4k more than the Mazda dealership did, so I'm going to go back tomorrow and show them the appraisal, see if they'll beat it. If not, I might just move on for now and hang on to my car.

Hi All,

First post as a new member, but I've been reading the forums for a few months now. I'm trying to find 2016.5 FWD Touring models w/ the Bose Moonroof package around Cleveland, Ohio, but to no avail. However, I did receive a pre-tax quote for $25,773 with the destination charge being included in the base price; doc fee is $250 and tax is around $2,000. Based on what I've read here, this seems like a poor deal in being just 5.4% off of the MSRP.

I also went into a dealer where I previously test drove an AWD. I asked if they can beat the other dealer on a FWD vehicle, but they wanted to sell me an AWD. They quoted me $26,800 pre-everything on a 2016.5 AWD Touring w/ Bose & Moonroof. They wouldn't match the $25,773 for the FWD vehicle from the other dealer, which would have been about 9.7% off of MSRP for the AWD version. Nevertheless, I got the "we have to make a living around here" line from the manager and that they would order a FWD version at the price quoted by the other place; and from that point, I walked out.

It's frustrating that all the dealers here carry AWD and that dealers are so pushy to move them. I'll have to reach out to some places a few hundred miles away and will update when I get more quotes.

Mazda 2016.5 CX5 Sport 2.5L AWD. Options: Roofrack (no crossbars)

• Sales Price: 24,040
  • NJ Sales tax: 1,683
  • Fees: 708
  • OTD: 26,429.36

qw8LoRc.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a CX5 for the past 3 months. Up till recently I was looking at certified pre-owned but had a couple of really bad experiences. One dealership put a 3 foot long scratch on the hood of the car after I put a deposit on it (then pretended they hadn't seen it after they pulled the car up for me to pick it up) and another literally lied about the certification and almost sold me an uncertified used car (stay away from Koepple Mazda in Queens, NY!). Also, a new Sport model one was only 3 grand more than my used budget, so I made the decision to go new.

I'm the NJ, NYC area and looked at prices at:
Island Mazda, Wayne Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Lodi Mazda, Garden Mazda and Ramsey Mazda.

Ramsey Mazda gave me a true car quote of 24,040 and it was about a 600 less than what I was able to haggle at the other dealerships. I saw here that someone had gotten a Sport AWD at 25,800 OTD so I gave them a low offer of 25,500 and walked out. No call back for a week while hunting at other places and not getting prices anywhere near Ramsey's original 24,040. At this point I really just wanted a car and was so absolutely tired of dealing with car dealers; so I called them up and said I'd take it. I think I could have gotten at least a couple of hundred bucks off if I pushed harder. Also, they had a 0% interest offer which I took. I actually recommend Ramsey Mazda because out of all the dealership as they weren't too pushy with bulls*** and had good prices off the bat.

So, yay I have a CX5 finally! No loyalty or trade-in. The sport is def not as nice as the touring, but I like it still!

*EDIT* - This is with NO trade-in or loyalty discount as I didn't have a trade-in or owned a previous mazda

Attachments

• 0bc76682-cd2f-48c9-864c-9af71cd9ff71.jpg
    0bc76682-cd2f-48c9-864c-9af71cd9ff71.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I'm new to the site and would really appreciate the input of anyone who can help with my questions! I'm looking into buying a 2016.5 CX-5, AWD, GT with tech package (wouldn't mind the i-activesense but can go either way on it)

I see in the threads that there is a lot of talk about getting close to 10% off the MSRP. This would be about 3K off the price of what I'm looking at. I have not yet gotten quotes from dealers but when I look at sites like Consumer Reports and Edmunds, they make it sound like about 1K off the MSRP is the best that you can do. Can anyone comment on that?

Also, I currently own a Toyota but had a Mazda 6 prior to that. Is there any way that I can get the $500 loyalty for purchase even though it's been several years?

Thanks so much for any help!

I'm new to the site and would really appreciate the input of anyone who can help with my questions! I'm looking into buying a 2016.5 CX-5, AWD, GT with tech package (wouldn't mind the i-activesense but can go either way on it)

I see in the threads that there is a lot of talk about getting close to 10% off the MSRP. This would be about 3K off the price of what I'm looking at. I have not yet gotten quotes from dealers but when I look at sites like Consumer Reports and Edmunds, they make it sound like about 1K off the MSRP is the best that you can do. Can anyone comment on that?

Also, I currently own a Toyota but had a Mazda 6 prior to that. Is there any way that I can get the $500 loyalty for purchase even though it's been several years?

I would consider the CR/Edmunds/truecar to represent the averages, but like anything there are some that will find better luck and maybe come across a vehicle that has been sitting for a few months, unpopular color, wrong combo for local market, etc. Do not forget that End of year, end of quarter, end of month times, also have bearing on what kind of deal can be had.

For the Loyalty rebate, you have to show a copy of a current vehicle registration of a MAZDA in your household.

Some markets have a "Conquest Discount", in which they will offer a discount for bringing a registration from a NON-Mazda vehicle.

I went in asking for 10% off, that didn't really fly BUT it gave us a starting point. Wound up, if my math is right, at about 7.5% off MSRP. Good luck! I've only had it one day, but so far I can tell it's a great CUV :)

$1k off is laughable
7.5% is easy
10% is doable and about the best you can get.

Good luck

Hi all,

Just purchased a 2016.5 GT AWD Black on Black for about 28,506 Sale price including freight/delivery. First car I've ever bought and loving it so far!
I'm in the DC Metro area for reference.

With all dealer fees and taxes/title/registration(used state of residence of GA) it came out to be OTD 30,600. I wanted OTD of 30,500 which would've been no problem if I registered it for Maryland or Virginia but GA has higher taxes so that's what got me.

Back