No Spark, Wont Start

Caper

If anybody could give me some advice, my car cranks but has no spark. I was told to change crankshaft posn sensor and I did, but no luck. Cleaned mass air. I'm no mechanic and dont even now where to begin.

no spark on all cylinders? Or did you just check one?

Someone else chime in though, but sounds like a coil packs or something else related to the ignition system

I should add: Did you physically take the spark plug boots off a plug and take one of the plugs out and turn the engine over to see if there was spark
or did you get the car checked by a dealer?

Last edited:
I took out the two spark plugs not attached to the coils and put the boots back on, I then I cranked with no spark out of either plug. When I turned the car off there was one spark, only on one plug.

uhh, I've officially gone out of this discussion. Are you saying when your key turns off there is a spark? it should definitely NOT be doing that. I've never heard of any car doing that.

+1 if it did that then the car is possesed and needs a trip to the crusher. now if your saying that one of the plugs sparked then its probly coil packs. do you have any cels?

GET SOME STARTER FLUID and spray into the intake

So you are hoping that this will turn out to be magic spark juice?

If there is no spark, it could be Ignition or EMS related.

Ignition could be Coils, Grounding, Fuse, Power, Relay

EMS could be, Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, or Faulty wire to the ECU.

Back