CX-7 has a problem with check engine light?

Mazdahak

Heard Mazda CX-7 has a problem with check engine light, is this true?
attributed to loose gas cap and/or sensors.

I drive a CX-7. They had a recall on the gas cap. I got mine fixed at the dealership I got mine at. Didn't know anything about it until I took it over to get the oil changed. They fixed it. I never had trouble with the check engine light or any of the censors. It is the best vehicle that I have bought in a long time.

______
Hoods

None what so ever i am at 97 000 miles, one of the best cars i have owned.

Depends on the build date. We've had ours in 3 times in 2 years and 19k miles but so long as its under warranty, its no problem.

Depends on the build date. We've had ours in 3 times in 2 years and 19k miles but so long as its under warranty, its no problem.

Mine was the 2nd CX7 to hit the dealer intown which was the first batch of CX7's for the Alberta dealers, and no issues whatsoever other than the fuel pump. I LOVE THE CX7 (bowdown)(bowdown)(bowdown)(thinkbeer

all kinds of things evap related are setting codes on cx7s, filler necks, fuel caps, purge solenoids, leak detection pumps, variable swirl control valves, you name it with a bosch electronic, its probably on its way out

The only bad thing about the gas cap fiasco was there were no replacements for about 7 months. Frustrated service personnel, so they tried to fix what they could without having the redesigned part. That oversight by Mazda, sure resulted in a lot of grief and a poor reliability rating in the CU mag.

It's definitely the gas cap. They changed mine when I had the same check engine light problem and eversince no problem at all.

My wife's 7 now has a CEL on, as of yesterday, but with no noticeable driveability issues... hoping it's as easy as the dealer replacing the gas cap. Taking it in under warranty tomorrow.

Mine was the 2nd CX7 to hit the dealer intown which was the first batch of CX7's for the Alberta dealers, and no issues whatsoever other than the fuel pump. I LOVE THE CX7 (bowdown)(bowdown)(bowdown)(thinkbeer

i;m thinking of getting one for the wife....anyway, why do you have SOLD CX7 in your sig?

Back