Jdm fsde engine swap - plug and play?

Cynical 1

:
2003 Protege 5
Just picked up a 2003 mp5 that smokes like a train. Po told me it was rings.

I'm finding it is cheaper to just drop a jdm engine into it versus doing a rebuild.

So, is the jdm fsde a plug and play swap? Not finding much info using Google or search that tells me yes or no.

Thanks.

Also, going to forge and turbo the old engine at some point, and build a lsd trans with Mfactory diff and gears. Anyone with a dirt cheap trans they want to get rid of?

FS-de should be what your car has already. The fs-ze is the higher horsepower j-spec version of that. Either one as far as the long block then bolting all your stuff back onto it will be plug & play. We have an '02 with the -ze spec swap and it runs just fine. We just have to run premium only now.

FS-de should be what your car has already. The fs-ze is the higher horsepower j-spec version of that. Either one as far as the long block then bolting all your stuff back onto it will be plug & play. We have an '02 with the -ze spec swap and it runs just fine. We just have to run premium only now.

FSZE = JDM.

You will have to deal with the toner wheel or get an MP3 ecu. This is based on stuff that I read, not sure how correct i am on that.

Ours in an auto running on stock ecu with all the -de stock accessories. Works just fine. Also have the -ze header and twin downpipe too.

Back