The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Read: boredom. F*ckers.
Tell them to move their @sses to Cleveland and start doing some real police work.

Did he nic you for the tail lights? I got a warning for those as well, but no friggin way I'd get rid of them. Make the car look so much better.

just the tint

I really need to stop looking at things for the RX7. I went through the body shop quote cutting out items I don't need to save some money then I turn around and find a fiberglass hatch that would add all the cost I just removed back in. Do I need to cut another 40 lbs out of the car?

I really need to stop looking at things for the RX7. I went through the body shop quote cutting out items I don't need to save some money then I turn around and find a fiberglass hatch that would add all the cost I just removed back in. Do I need to cut another 40 lbs out of the car?

Well...less 40 lbs + never going rust + I'm assuming lighter glass (already factored in?) + doing it now means only one trip to the paint booth...

or more cash in your pocket.

That may or may not have helped.

Physics questions?
Whats the balance of the car weight wise?
Would lighting the hatch increase the balance of the car more towards the front for it to make a difference?
Is there enough weight on the rear for the power being put down to keep the car from getting loose in the rear?

Side note, I think my last question really shows my noobness to chassis dynamics...

Well...less 40 lbs + never going rust + I'm assuming lighter glass (already factored in?) + doing it now means only one trip to the paint booth...
No glass - lexan, which is one of the main things causing me to hesitate. That stuff is a pain to maintain. It likely won't even need to be painted either. The stock piece is painted black and the guy that makes the fiberglass one paints it as well. The other issue is it requires a custom installation. It's possible to use the stock hinges but there's no provision for the latches so something like hood pins would be needed. Most people I know with them make the hatch fully removable and only use Dzus fasteners to hold it down. This requires welding brackets to the body, which adds time and time = money.

Physics questions?
Whats the balance of the car weight wise?
Would lighting the hatch increase the balance of the car more towards the front for it to make a difference?
Is there enough weight on the rear for the power being put down to keep the car from getting loose in the rear?
The overall car weight goes down (obviously) but now the balance will be changes (however slightly) because the front is now a bigger fraction of the total weight and the opposite for the rear. I'm sure I've got the weight balance all screwed up at this point. It'll be corner-weighed eventually to determine if I should add weight to better balance the car.

Have a Happy Turkey Day everyone! Be safe in your travels!
3d401574808bb9ed_sadturkey.preview_tall.jpg

Oil change & tire rotation on the corolla, non black Friday shopping, family stuff, work, college football & random other things kept me pretty busy all weekend

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Had a good Thanksgiving as the Misfits came by and it was the first Thanksgiving that I spent with my mother in over 20 years. Worked Friday and Saturday organized the garage and hooked up the Battery Tenders to both Speeds and added Sta-Bil to both. Of course ordered parts for them as well.....

Thanksgiving with the kids. stacked fire wood and organized the garage, made a shopping list for the cars.

Spent Wednesday-Saturday with my sister-in-law and her kids. Did nothing but sit on the couch, eat, and watch TV. Spent Sunday running errands and starting putting up Christmas decorations.

Back