Minor interior water leak (Assume AC related)

awleland

:
2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic
I have had my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Auto for a little over a month and just hit 5,000 miles. On my way back from FL I noticed that about every 10 minutes drops of water would drop on to the top section of the passenger side floor mat. I am glad I have all weather mats or I likely would not have noticed with the OEM carpet mats. This does not happen on short trips around town, only on long 3-6 hour drives. I assume this has something to do with the AC. I am taking my car in Tuesday for its first oil change and I am going to have the dealer look into it. I will post updates.

Other than this issue the car has been perfect and I am very happy with it.

I took my 6 to the dealer yesterday for my first oil change (freebee) and they had no luck with the A/C leak. Said they saw signs of condensation but did not know where it was coming from. They said running the ac on the outside air setting would help. No such luck. Leak started again last night with the air on fresh setting. This is one of the reasons I bought a new car, not to have to chase problems like this. Back to the dealer.

Update. There is no update. The dealer is useless. They just saw we called the Mazda tech line and there are no known issues. Uh, I have an issue...
I will be going back to the dealer tomorrow to talk to the manager until they do something about it. The car drives great but the issues with the A/C, ipod issues, and rear door window seals that continually come loose are disappointing.

That's really too bad. I hope they could get at least a few of those issues sorted out soon. I also can't believe how they aren't eager to find a fix for your AC leak. Guaranteed your not the first with this issue.

There's somebody on the "other" forum with the same issue, and the dealer has been useless. He's got the ear of a Mazda district rep, but that's no guarantee of a solution. Sure, anybody who hasn't taken a 6 hour drive or better might shrug at least it't not me, but how do you know? I bet this is a widespread issue, just that most haven't met the conditions yet to incur it. There's nothing worse long-term for an interior than the development of mold resulting from water damage.

There's somebody on the "other" forum with the same issue, and the dealer has been useless. He's got the ear of a Mazda district rep, but that's no guarantee of a solution. Sure, anybody who hasn't taken a 6 hour drive or better might shrug at least it't not me, but how do you know? I bet this is a widespread issue, just that most haven't met the conditions yet to incur it. There's nothing worse long-term for an interior than the development of mold resulting from water damage.

This happened to my Jan build 2014 Mazda6 and the dealer was able to diagnose this with help from HQ (who happens to be down the street)...it IS a documented issue as my case was apparently one of the first...the good news is they were able to resolve it pretty easily...

This happened to my Jan build 2014 Mazda6 and the dealer was able to diagnose this with help from HQ (who happens to be down the street)...it IS a documented issue as my case was apparently one of the first...the good news is they were able to resolve it pretty easily...

The details of your resolution would be invaluable information. I'm glad your problem was addressed and fixed, but how does your quote benefit the community in general, and specirically other owners experiencing your exact same issue. Sorry for the "tone" of my post, but I just can't understand why you would omit the details of problem that was "pretty easily" resolved. Your dealer invoice would contain all the information necessary to help owners who are getting nowhere with their dealer and Mazda on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am not a regular on this forum (obviously) so this is the reason for my late reply. I looked up my service invoice from this visit and this is the exact language I found:

CLIENT STATES WATER ON PASS FLOOR
a/c drain water hose not working properly is leaking
it need to replace ok ref n'827344
U0606 ARX DRAIN HOSE, R&R 0.2
no water no more ok.

There is also a mention of a CLAMP,COOL (BBM4-61-J07) that was replaced under warranty as well.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have this issue. Mine has been perfect ever since.

Hello,

I am not a regular on this forum (obviously) so this is the reason for my late reply. I looked up my service invoice from this visit and this is the exact language I found:

CLIENT STATES WATER ON PASS FLOOR
a/c drain water hose not working properly is leaking

Thank you. I will make sure this gets to the "other" forum where several people have been battling this issue, with little to no love from Mazda.
it need to replace ok ref n'827344
U0606 ARX DRAIN HOSE, R&R 0.2
no water no more ok.

There is also a mention of a CLAMP,COOL (BBM4-61-J07) that was replaced under warranty as well.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have this issue. Mine has been perfect ever since.

Thank you. I will make sure this gets over to the "other" forum where several people have had this issue.

Back