rar40941's build thread

ok so now let me up date u guys more. this is what i have to do still paint the front and get everything filled and looking amazing.

back i have to clean them up and get all the blotch's out so that means sand and clean up more stuff with bondo also.

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO FIND AWAY TO BOLT THE FENDER FLARES IN THE REAR AND NOT US SCREW!

give me some ideas please and thank u.

also i need to find a better way to seal what i cut in the rear cause i think watter got in when i washed my car so that would be great help too. i was thing about using cold weld or just taking it to someone to weld send me some ideas

ya the most scary part is now that i have extended my rear end how damn close i am to the rear door dam i had to raise the rear 18 threads to extend it cause i was tucking in the door jam still after cutting

also i am so close to hitting the inside bondow as well i need to sand it so i can extend the rear end more

I watched the video...and I cant lie, when you said "I'm a perfectionist" I laughed.
but seriously, get the alignment fixed, you dont have to take it to a shop right away, at least just run the tie rods out to fix the toe, because you are ruining your tires, and it looks terrible.

It doesn't seam like I am but I work on my car every day there are just to many things I have to fix lol. And I did pushed out the tie rods the alinement fells better and looks way better now doesn't look like I have positive camber anymore. I will take a video today. And show u what I am going to work on next.

Looks good so far, im looking forward to see the finished product. Also you don't mention about spraying paint or something to seal the metal after you cut and grind away... might want to look into doing that or a spray in bed liner type thing to seal it up from rust when your done that is.

Well what I did with the cutting is seal it with silicone cocking. The stray paint is Duplicolor paint from auto zone. I think I will do the bed Liner thing to to seal it that's a good idea

What are you going to do about the fronts? Spacers and longer studs? Longer/custom control arms? Or....wider wheels?

I'm interested to see how this finishes - it's a huuuuuge undertaking and my hats off to you for getting this far mane. Great job and we can see the effort.

The front well I found some wheels that I can get for cheap then run spacers with. I was going to get 17x10.5 +25 offset then run a 25 mm spacer 0 offset so I don't have to worry about hitting I think that's what I will do next

hey guys i have videos and stuff but keep on forgetting to upload them i am replacing an axle for a second time not stoked at all. and here is a pic of my car.

this is how low i am

016881dc.jpg

and fenders are painted but i need to polish them and need to get some front spacers

e090066d.jpg

The concept of what you did was cool, I think it just wasn't put into action the right way. I give you props for sticking with it though, drive it until you get bored then do it right. I can tell in the picture the paint match is way off and you have alot of contrasting/uneven body lines. Everyone has got to start somewhere so learn from what went well with this and do it again, learn what isn't right and do it better next time.

Back