Engine bay shave?

I started out doing body tuning. Here's one of the cars I got my feet wet with back in the day when I was still learning in the tuning scene. This was owned by the organizer of Import Expo car show. This was done in 2001, 2002. I saw some high end show cars come through, so I'm kinda spoiled. Don't get me wrong I still like go, but I do like the show side as well.

supra_yellow.jpg

Last edited:
I started out doing body tuning. Here's one of the cars I got my feet wet with back in the day when I was still learning in the tuning scene. This was owned by the organizer of Import Expo car show. This was done in 2001, 2002. I saw some high end show cars come through, so I'm kinda spoiled. Don't get me wrong I still like go, but I do like the show side as well.

supra_yellow.jpg

That looks very similar Top Secret V12 Supra Isnt it ?

No, I actually still remember some conversational Spanish from high school.

Well so you do speak some good Spanish i can tell.. cuando te pregunte de donde eras es porque, Pienso que todos los Asiaticos, Japoneses, Chinos etc tiene un estilo y gustos diferentes a las demas personas en el mayor de los casos their taste and style are very exquisite and unique Im really a fan of their technology and culture. and just seeing the way you have done your car i can tell you are asian.. extremely well done with style and always top notch toys.

That looks very similar Top Secret V12 Supra Isnt it ?

Yeah, that's the Top Secret Wide body with some custom rear quarter window vents, and mirror extensions we did in house at the shop I worked in. That dude got some bad yellow on the first paint attempt. After they saw how my well my yellow came out they switched to that with a metallic flake and pearl added to it. That car made it on Import Tuner's cover and SEMA and many various venues.
I remember clowning on it being an auto when it came in and how the previous shop did a bad paint job on it. Shortly after he revamped the whole engine and switched to a 6 speed.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the Top Secret Wide body with some custom rear quarter window vents, and mirror extensions we did in house. That dude got some bad yellow on the first paint attempt. After they saw how my well my yellow came out they switched to that with a metallic flake and pearl added to it. That car made it on Import Tuner's cover and SEMA and many various venues.
I remember clowning him on it being an auto when it came in and how the previous shop did a bad paint job on it.

Very Impressive Sam. didnt know that car was done by you. Absolutely beautiful .....

Well so you do speak some good Spanish i can tell.. cuando te pregunte de donde eras es porque, Pienso que todos los Asiaticos, Japoneses, Chinos etc tiene un estilo y gustos diferentes a las demas personas en el mayor de los casos their taste and style are very exquisite and unique Im really a fan of their technology and culture. and just seeing the way you have done your car i can tell you are asian.. extremely well done with style and always top notch toys.

Thanks for the compliments and yes Asian people do share commonalities across the nationalities.

Here in Europe things are different, Preps are different. They dont have the resources and parts you guys have there in US, people in here simply copies what is done in USA and Japan... a shop like yours in here will be a killer business.. in this Tuning and racing world there is basically no crisis, people dont stop trowing money into their rides. the difference in here is that in US something cost X amount here you multiply that X times 2-3 you know and that makes it hard to compete also you need to pay for every single thing you do to your car that dont come from factory..

Very Impressive Sam. didnt know that car was done by you. Absolutely beautiful .....
Not done all by me, I just had a small hand in it. I was working at a body tuning shop back in the day. I just had a different vision and goal of my own so I set out to start my own company.

Last edited:
Yeah money is the end all project killer, but I'm one of those people who see modding as a paint canvas not an investment. It's not a hobby, it's a way of life and passion.

Not by all be me, I just had a small hand in it. I was working at a body tuning shop back in the day. I just had a different vision and goal of my own so I set out to start my own company.

Definitely Sam. thats how people succeed in life, if you dont try you dont know if you could or not succeed... Beautiful job if you ask me, its nice to construct, fix, create simply very satisfying when you see your creation rolling around and Happy faces after all. money is not all it helps but whats best is customer and personal satisfaction !!!!

Last edited:
In your Shop, Business do you guys actually fabricate stuff or just reselling ? Its sad that Proteges dont have that much of aftermarket support, I still think that there is lots of stuff that could be done to make this little cars better. Traction Bars, more Suspension braces, bars etc, Even going further a AWD Conversion Kit. I bet people would sell their soul to convert this babies into AWD no doubt on this..

In your Shop, Business do you guys actually fabricate stuff or just reselling ? Its sad that Proteges dont have that much of aftermarket support, I still think that there is lots of stuff that could be done to make this little cars better. Traction Bars, more Suspension braces, bars etc, Even going further a AWD Conversion Kit. I bet people would sell their soul to convert this babies into AWD no doubt on this..
nah, we don't fabricate. just regular sales, installs, body work, repair, and me tuning. i'm working on something with a friend that is getting into that stuff though. we're making exhaust manifolds for our own cars. market for business is small. the hardcore people will still do it either way by themselves if they really want it bad enough.

nah, we don't fabricate. just regular sales, installs, body work, repair, and me tuning. i'm working on something with a friend that is getting into that stuff though. we're making exhaust manifolds for our own cars. market for business is small. the hardcore people will still do it either way by themselves if they really want it bad enough.

Since you already own 2 of the cars we are actually talking about any plans on making more performance parts for them, like i mentioned before more suspension goodies, traction bars etc ? i still think there is tons of stuff to be done to make this cars near or better than others like stis or evos..

I know this thread is not about all of these we are talking but and all could be cleaned up later, since weve never coincide online i though it was a good idea to discuss some stuff and is really nice and knowledgeable to talk to you.

Last edited:
I see some tricks like the window motor delete and wiper arm delete, that were used on Pirana's MSP. His engine bay was a mild shave, wire tuck compared to some of these.

Back