Just have to share my excitement...

MM BOOST

:
07 MS3 GT CB
I am still fairly new to this place and I know nobody knows me. But hello, my name is Kevin. lol, ok so that was lame, but hey, I am trying to get myself out there to get better acquainted with my fellow mazda brethern. ANYWAYS, I just finished up my 5th year of college football at Unviersity of Virginia's College at Wise (NAIA D1 School). This is a short summary of the past year of my life or so. I had my sights set on signing up for the NFL Scouting Combine back in November, and about a week before I was going to, I suffered a severe back injury in which I thought, was ending my career. I had hurt my back from doing squats with over 500 lbs 3 days before our season started in August, and I battled through that the entire season, was 100% healthy going into our championship game, and then I had a freak accident and was hit right in the left hip region. Torn piriformous (sp?) muscle, knocked my hips out of alignment (left was 13 mm higher than the right), bulging L4/L5 vertebrae, and sciatica. After that happened, I've completely lost sight of my ambition to make it to the next level in football. I had completely given up hope and have been rehabilitating my back religously and just trying to lose weight since football was over. Well, today, everything has changed. Today was our Awards Banquet for the 2008 season. I wasn't looking forward to it at all and was just going to try and get it over with. Well, I was in complete shock after tonight. To start off, i won a few awards. I won Hog of the Year Award (which recognizes a standout offensive lineman), I won All-Academic Team Award, I won Captain award, and all that was great, but I didn't think much of it. I was sitting there in a daze as he was announcing the rest of the all-conference teams and such (which I didn't make because of the back injury I battled the entire season, so it held me back at times). He then gets to an award and he announced that I won Virginia Sports Information Systems All Division 2nd team Offensive Player of the year award in the entire state of virginia. What this means is, of all the colleges in Virginia (excluding UVa and VT), I was recognized as 2nd team all-state for Offense at my starting right guard position. I was in shock, my dad said my face went white. To many, this sounds like nothing, but to me this is a big achievement. It really made me start thinking. So then I went and talked to my coach afterwards, and he told me he has already spoken with the National's coach and told him about me and that I was interested in playing. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about (and I am sure you don't), Victory Sports Network and College Fanz has a game they call "Senior Classic All-Star Game" and its in April and is for all Seniors that has used up eligibility but they go to this game, play, and are viewed by NFL, CFL, AFL and semi-pro scouts. I will also be going to local high schools the week prior to the game and be giving speeches on college, academics, and being a role model. My coaching staff told me they already have my entire travel bag packed with my helmet, my shoulder pads, all my gloves, mouthpiece, and everything else that I need, and that they were waiting on me to make my decision. So tonight, after everything that happened, I made the decision that I am going for it! So I came home and filled out my application and will be playing in the Senior Classic in Platte City, Missouri April 25 and representing UVa-Wise as the only football player from our school to be in this game! I am really excited and my family are extremely pumped. This is my one last chance to prove to myself if I can be pro material. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. Its been a rough road for me, and I've battled an injury that has been devastating to me, but I've recently overcome that with rehab. My chiro started acupuncture on me this past week, and I am 100% pain free! 6 long months of pain has subsided and I am ready to hit this full force! This is my one last chance to do something major with my life. I have all the support I need and God knows my body is built for it. Just time to go after my dream! Input and feedback is welcomed!

Here is a link to info on the game for those that care:
http://www.victorysportsnetwork.com/article.php?articleID=8839

Link to where my name is listed for 2nd team All-State:
http://www.ferrum.edu/athletics/vasid/All-State/FB-college-08.htm

/biography

i played a season for UVA wise, fall of 01 my freshman year, started as a punter, left after my first semester there... didn't like the school, but congrats on making the all start game. I hope you are able to impress some scouts, and nice choice of color for the speed

Congrats. Brings back memories of "the show" (Canadian version, that is). I wish you luck brother.

R

Man I just got punched in the face by a wall of text! Heh im just joking with you. Ive been on teh same boat as you in regards to injury. I broke my leg playing soccer. I had a full ride to USF for soccer taken away. Definately wonder what could have been. Anyway glad to see your healthy and good luck !

LOL damn dude take down that link, that is a horrible picture. Everyone's pictures got jacked up online, everyone was pissed!!! But actually, for some reason, that confused my size with someone elses, im actually a bit bigger than that. At the end of the season i was 6'2 288. One of my fellow linemen was 2 inches shorter than me and about 40 lbs lighter, and his online stats said he was 6'5 and 290 lbs or something like that. It was hilarious how they jacked up all that information. So un-organized. Just like it says on there that I am an offensive tackle..I actually started guard lol. Here are a few pics of me in my gear and I also have a video:

l_9f0e0151f3284f7da1ec5b9ff2b4448b.jpg

l_216351c4cc984c6c84be065dff11f793.jpg

l_c46736920d4e459186cfb9eec2599c9f.jpg

and my favorite...and yes thats me under there driving this dude through the turf...hahah

l_e0a67149174f4bef884b05976ed66223.jpg

Here are a few videos. This is our running back from last year's highlight tape...I was right offensive tackle number 52. He was actually signed to a semi-pro team in GA recently.

This one is very clear and I have some pretty massive pancakes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETb9R0eFlE

this is another, but not as clear and in this one I am playing guard and tackle, but mostly guard, but you get the idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3dnIp1OQc

Thanks for the encouragement guys! :)

Back