Anyone else have a damaged Mass Air Flow?

Adammazda06

:
Mazdaspeed3
I had my CEL pop on yesterday afternoon. Had the codes pulled today and there was the usual P2006 which did'nt surprise me, but also a damaged mass air flow code. Anyone else had this issue? I have the Mazdaspeed CAI and it rained cats and dogs yesterday. But, I did'nt drive the car until hours after it stopped and the light came on literally when i rounded the block. Also did'nt run it through any puddles. Any clues?

Adammazda06 said:
I had my CEL pop on yesterday afternoon. Had the codes pulled today and there was the usual P2006 which did'nt surprise me, but also a damaged mass air flow code. Anyone else had this issue? I have the Mazdaspeed CAI and it rained cats and dogs yesterday. But, I did'nt drive the car until hours after it stopped and the light came on literally when i rounded the block. Also did'nt run it through any puddles. Any clues?

Adammazda06, did you happen to add oil treatment to the filter? Considering what you already said my only guess would be is if you treated the filter with an oil additive. The Mazdaspeed CAI does not require that since it's a dry flow filiter. I'm certainly not saying you did, just trying to help figure it out. Let us know what the dealer tells you.

i did not treat my filter with any type of oil. my dealer thinks it either just got a some moisture in the intake, or sometimes 1 code can cause another code to pop up. but either way they fixed the p2006 and recalibrated everything and the car runs better than ever now. im thinking about ordering one of the filter covers now, just to be safe.

Back