Microphone

Khoga

:
Mazda Protege 2000 1.6
Hey
I'm trying 2 get a microphone input thing somehow connected to my deck or jus something for it to come out of my speakers and subs.
Problem is i want to be able to play a cd (instrumentals) in my deck at the same time (so we can freestyle to the beats or jus beatbox our way through).
Just wanna know if any of u gots any knowlege on how 2 do that, im not looken for anything expensive, i dont got to much money to spend, max $75.

If you need to know i have a DEH-P3500 pioneer deck and have that hooked up to my 1000 watt sony amp onto two kenwoods subs (i think 700 watts) and 6X9's sony xplodes for my rear speakers, everything else is stock. I kno i dont got anything good, ill be looken to put some money into it when i get some money, and especially after i get this microphone thing worked out.

Hope you know what im trying to do.
Thanks

Don't have too much knowledge on mobile audio but i would say you would have to either set up a new amp or connect the mic directly to your existing amp. The head unit has nothing to do with this.

SNike05 said:
Don't have too much knowledge on mobile audio but i would say you would have to either set up a new amp or connect the mic directly to your existing amp. The head unit has nothing to do with this.

Directly into the amp?
not really understanden that
and as long as its done somehow that way it woudln affect the head unit
but i want to make sure it plays in all my stock speakers at tha same time
problem is i need to have me deck already playen, i basically need to have 2 decks playen at tha same time

btw salam Snike

get a portable microphone/recorder type thing, then wire that to an input on ur radio or amp. It was done on pimp my ride

Khoga said:
Directly into the amp?
not really understanden that
and as long as its done somehow that way it woudln affect the head unit
but i want to make sure it plays in all my stock speakers at tha same time
problem is i need to have me deck already playen, i basically need to have 2 decks playen at tha same time

btw salam Snike

wassalaam

Like I said i'm not too sure. Maybe look for an amp that a mic can be plugged into then replace the one you have. A mic can only plugged into a mixer or an amp thats for sure. So you would be running your cd's off the head unit and your vocals off directly from the amp but they would come out of the same speakers simultaneously. Think of setting up a sound system at an event.

SNike05 said:
wassalaam

Like I said i'm not too sure. Maybe look for an amp that a mic can be plugged into then replace the one you have. A mic can only plugged into a mixer or an amp thats for sure. So you would be running your cd's off the head unit and your vocals off directly from the amp but they would come out of the same speakers simultaneously. Think of setting up a sound system at an event.

im feelin tha mixer or amp thing, but it wouldn get to my stock speakers around tha car, itll jus get 2 the subs
not sure bout tha mixer thing tho, imma try 2 look in2 that

and to thug541, thatll work but again, i want to be abel to play cds at tha same time off my deck
had a feeling something like it wus done on pimp my ride, but not with tha details

You can not plug a "standard" microphone directly into a power amp and expect to get the same "volume" out of the speakers. That is of course, unless the amp already has a mic input or preamp. There is simply not enough gain in a stand-alone power amplifier.

What you could do is get an external variable gain mic preamp (that puts out line level) and run it's output into the line level aux input of your deck. You could use the deck's volume control for the overall volume and then mix in the mic volume using the preamp. Like this one: http://www.rdlnet.com/stm-2.htm

It's a professional mic preamp with 2 line outputs. I'm not saying rush out and buy it, but this is the idea (I think) of what you need to do.

Are you sure there's not a deck out there that does what you wish? Just curious...

EDIT:
I'll add on as well, to do it properly, you're probably going to exceed your $75 limit. These preamps are ~$75 each, then the cost of the microphone and the associated wiring, plus the installation and getting it all working right.

Last edited:
doubt theres an deck that can do that, specifically that can play a cd and use the microphone at tha same time, if someone does know of one, let me kno

im feelin that mic preamp idea, might have 2 go for that
where can i get a Adjustable Microphone to Line Level Preamplifier from?

Khoga said:
doubt theres an deck that can do that, specifically that can play a cd and use the microphone at tha same time, if someone does know of one, let me kno

im feelin that mic preamp idea, might have 2 go for that
where can i get a Adjustable Microphone to Line Level Preamplifier from?

If you really want one, I am an RDl dealer and can sell you one. However, you need a preamplifer and a mixer as you will have to mix an external CD player with the mic since you are correct that if you are using the CD player in the head unit, its not going to allow anything form the aux input to play.

I think your best off getting on ebay or something and finding a cheap kareoke CD/mix set. Then you can just hook that up to your systems aux input and a power inverter.

1sty said:
If you really want one, I am an RDl dealer and can sell you one. However, you need a preamplifer and a mixer as you will have to mix an external CD player with the mic since you are correct that if you are using the CD player in the head unit, its not going to allow anything form the aux input to play.

Ah, right...forgot about this point...

Or, you could mix the output of the deck with the mic and then the mixer output could go to the amps...I dunno, seems like alot of work and a big PITA...

johnsharpe said:
Ah, right...forgot about this point...

Or, you could mix the output of the deck with the mic and then the mixer output could go to the amps...I dunno, seems like alot of work and a big PITA...

No good, he only has one amp and its just for the subwoofer.

He has to do all the mixing outside of the head unit then feed it into the aux input.

Still tryen to find out a simple way 2 to this myself
is there a way i can just simply use just my amp and possibly get a mixer or equalizer (not really understanding how that aux input/output will do it) that will do the job?

Im bout to get ghetto on this and try splicen the harness into two, one goin to my deck and sending another to my old stock deck or something else and somehow hook up a mic to that? doubt itll work, so jus tell me y it wont.

Back