Snow Handling

DSM2MSP

:
THE ONLY MODEL TITANIUM MAZASPEED
Does this exist at all with these cars? Ive owned 5 cars before this one, and this one handled the worst. I know its gotta turbo, tight suspension and low profile wheels/tires, but still this thing was so volatile on the snow. Anyone knows any tricks with this car during the snow times? Makes the ms6 only more perfect right about now.

yeah no kidding... if not, you had better get some steelies QUICK. DO NOT drive on the Potenza's if you value your life, walking or getting wrecked. lol

I went and bought some snow chains from walmart. I put them on and everything is fine.......

No i have thought about some snow tires because yeah, took me 3 hour to get to work today, I had old ladies in corrollas passing me and laughing and my snaking through the snow.

Ahh ya the snow was bad but not so bad it couldn't be driven here, those tires aren't made for snow. Chains? Maybe taking it to far for the small amount we got. Get some snow tires and steelies which can be had for about 400-600 dollars for all fours.

REMillers said:
Ahh ya the snow was bad but not so bad it couldn't be driven here, those tires aren't made for snow. Chains? Maybe taking it to far for the small amount we got. Get some snow tires and steelies which can be had for about 400-600 dollars for all fours.

630 for the tire rack 16" set. i was unaware 15's would work otherwise i would have bought those and saved some dough.

I'm using blizzak ws50's they are great in the snow. i have no problem with hills or deep snow. I am very impressed.

SpeedProtege said:
I'm using blizzak ws50's they are great in the snow. i have no problem with hills or deep snow. I am very impressed.

+1

I'm running the same tires and haven't had a problem in the snow, even when there was 6-8" sitting on my street un-plowed. They rock. (guitar)

Out of all 3 cars I have owned the MSP is the one I feel the most confident in the snow with. I was told it would suck b.c of the suspension and sway bar stiffness but it has done very well the past 2 winters. Last year I had some all seasons and it was ok , this year I have full blown snow tires and its awesome. I see all these little cars and some SUV/trucks slippin and I'm doing just fine. lol

Steelies are only on there to save me from paying to mount and balance tires when I have to change from summer to winter. Also I dont want to bang up my RH wheels in case I do slide into something.

17" snow tire is a lot more money than a 15" also. I just like the convenience of having multiple sets of wheels. I had 2 sets of racing harts and was going to mount snows on the set that had a little curb rash but ended up selling them.

I POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD WHERE SOMEONE WAS BITCHING ABOUT THEIR TIRES:

when the msp's were purchased new, there was an info sheet attached to the back side of the sun visor. one of those bullets said that the tires are NOT recommended for winter driving.

i totally agree with dexter. heaven forbid mazda were to put some bad all season tires. then there would be endless bitching about how the tires dont grip that well in summer/dry weather. its give and take. you want sharp, crisp handling? then dont expect the tires to perform well in the snow.

same thing with the p5 tires. people are always bitching about how they suck in the snow. they're ******* V-rated performance tires, what else would you expect. if you cant control yourself and drive careful when it snows, then maybe you should drive your car in the snow.

yeah but they look like ass... and you can get a set of 16' p5 rims for about 250 from a member on the site

geomatics_tech said:
Steel wheels are better in the winter than aluminum wheels because a steel wheel will hold pressure better.

I did not know this. I do wish I bought p5 wheels but I can deal with the battle field military look for a few months.

Gbourdon said:
I did not know this. I do wish I bought p5 wheels but I can deal with the battle field military look for a few months.

You dont like those hub caps with spinners? (bike)

Shaun (canada)

Back