Help installing aftermarket Head Unit

speedysmurf

:
2002 P5
Hi everyone,

First off...great site, lots of great people here who are willing to help!

I have a 02 P5 and I want to install an aftermarket head unit.....I have bought the scosche wiring harness and best kits kit.....question is I have a Pioneer deck and wanted some details on how to install the deck (wiring).
The deck did not come with any wires, not sure if its suppose to. How do I connect the deck to the wiring harness and then to the car?
Are there any links with pics? If someone could provide some detailed information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

what model is the pioneer head unit? it's supposed to come with a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the unit. All standard colors.

there was not wiring harness that came with the deck? if not that sucks... you are going to have to find out the pin out to all the wires that come out of that harness and do some soldering to hook it up....

or you could try to find a pioneer harness on ebay and use that to plug into your deck and then wire that harness to the schoche one to your car

DeanSweet said:
what model is the pioneer head unit? it's supposed to come with a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the unit. All standard colors.

The deck is a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP MP3 CD
I will have to check the box again and make sure, does it look similar to the scosche wiring harness? If not I will probably go back to best buy and ask them to get one from another box or exchange mine for another one.

It should look similar to the Scosche one you have, wire colors that is. The end that plugs into the radio will obviously be smaller and should have a female connector, usually black in color.

Back