winter rims and tires

i went to get a new set of rims adn snow tires... the guy sed that he cant put a smaller rim on my mp3 bc it will mess up the anti lock brakes.. ive never heard of that b4 and i was wondering on what to do about this damn winter adn gettin my whip around..

Who ever told you that is full of sh--. First of all, MP3's do not have anti-lock brakes, and if they did, it still wouldn't matter. I, and manny others have had 15" steelies put on their MP3's.

I got mine at Tire Rack. They were like $35 each back in 2001. They also have packages that include winter tires with the rims. I didn't get my winter tires their so I just got the rims.

You might also want to call your local Mazda dealer to see if they have any old Protege 15" takeoff rims. I don't think any of Mazda's current models take that size wheel anymore so if they have any lying around you might get them cheap. That is how I got steelies for my Honda. They sold them to me for $20 a piece.

check the for sale section for some p5 or protege rims. i got p5 winter rims from someone on here last year.

im rolling on the stock 16"s from my ES with some blizzaks on them. works real well for me..

I second what others have said.

I'm running 15" steelies in a custom 'hammered gold' finish, with Toyo Observe G-02 Plus's. No problems here.

Back