How To: EGR Removal and Cleaning for Rough Idle Fix

That's because the parts usually give out after about 18 months, lol. They fix a "problem" but they don't fix the cause of the problem. So it rears it's head again 18 months later, and boom, they get paid to repair it again. Double anal sex at the dealership...

Dang, double whammmy huh!! LOL Too bad I don't fly south for the winter! LOL

thank you 122 Vega.

I wanted to thank 122 Vega for this post. it has helped me to clear up a issue that we were having. dont know if it has worked yet, however from the issues i was having this might do the trick. the pic and details were on point. now i just have to get the pipe that goes from the air box to the trottle body as ours was in bad shape. thanks again.

I wanted to thank 122 Vega for this post. it has helped me to clear up a issue that we were having. dont know if it has worked yet, however from the issues i was having this might do the trick. the pic and details were on point. now i just have to get the pipe that goes from the air box to the trottle body as ours was in bad shape. thanks again.

You mean from the exhaust manifold to the Intake manifold? (boom08)

Sounds like he's just talking about the plastic intake pipe. Not sure how u thought he meant egr pipe. lol.

You mean from the exhaust manifold to the Intake manifold? (boom08)

Understandable but the egr doesn't go from the air box to throttle body. lol, newbz (lol2)

O, I never knew that.... I didn't already post where it goes above you... (notcool)

You tryin to act like an ass for any reason in particular right now? Or are you just in an ignorant mood currently?

OK, this may sound silly, but check your hoses leading from the solenoid to the throttle body... I had a disconnected hose that was causing my stalling and low RPMs

OK, this may sound silly, but check your hoses leading from the solenoid to the throttle body... I had a disconnected hose that was causing my stalling and low RPMs

Sounds like you have a Canadian EGR valve. The regular ones don't have any coolant hoses (I assume thats what you're talking about). Although that wouldn't really cause an erratic idle... Got a picture?

Last edited:
ugh. Finally got a 12mm stubby and getting that EGR out turned from nightmare to dead easy. Broke 2 screws LOL and got it all apart to find that damn valve completely seized... damn i replaced the coils wires plugs... i guess ive found my issue. My car turned 7 in August so the warranty here in Canada just lapsed for it.. gonna order a canadian replacement, for now im reinstalling my cleaned one with only 2 of its screws, i think thats better than how it was... cant wait to see how it runs now!

ugh. Finally got a 12mm stubby and getting that EGR out turned from nightmare to dead easy. Broke 2 screws LOL and got it all apart to find that damn valve completely seized... damn i replaced the coils wires plugs... i guess ive found my issue. My car turned 7 in August so the warranty here in Canada just lapsed for it.. gonna order a canadian replacement, for now im reinstalling my cleaned one with only 2 of its screws, i think thats better than how it was... cant wait to see how it runs now!

Heh ordered new egr installed and all is good - rough idle is gooooone

Looks like that's what i'm up agianst. I'll buy a new one...how much did you pay for your EGR and where abouts in Canada are you from?

Back