P5 roof rack post #34,748: Will a Canadian Mazda P5 rack fit a USDM?

Dimitrios

Contributor
:
2012 CWP MS3
Ok, reading and re-reading and trying every iteration of the search:

I know fitting a USDM rack to a CDM Protege5 requires holes to be drilled.

Will a CDM Protege5 rack (the OEM Thule one) fit a USDM (I know I'll need the strips as I have a USDM rack now).

Any comments clearer than mud would help.

Well, I have an 03 with the rack (rails are off now for the winter). I was just wanting something that fits in the OEM holes as the USDM rack doesn't have the clearance that I'd like (roof to rack and otherwise).

I wanted a more "traditional", aftermarket looking rack, without actually going down that route. I like the CDM rack better than our USDM.

But I know, I knowIll get about 35,649 replies now about how my Yakima/Saris/Thule/Rocky Mounts rack/mount setup has lasted me 54 seasons without incident and never affected my paint and Im able to remove it in 24.434 seconds on every one of the 31 cars that I had it installed on and you should do the same because..(blah) (blah) (blah)..

Thanks again.

Dimitrios said:
But I know, I knowIll get about 35,649 replies now about how my Yakima/Saris/Thule/Rocky Mounts rack/mount setup has lasted me 54 seasons without incident and never affected my paint and Im able to remove it in 24.434 seconds on every one of the 31 cars that I had it installed on and you should do the same because..(blah) (blah) (blah)..

Wow - someone a wee bit touchy this morning?

Me, touchy? Sarcastic? No, never.....I was just waiting for the inevitable posts.

Hey, ever install that mirror? I think I'm gonna get one; I got like wickedly lost in the wicked NW 'burbs the other night during that wonderful rainstorm.....

I thought you bought the mirror?! Along with the security module?! I can't even keep track of my mods, what makes me think i should know all of your, lol.

And to answer your question -

NO :)

I only bought the security module (installed :D)

As for the mods, they're easier to keep track if they're OUT of the boxes (I should speak, eh (blah) ).

As for the mirror, that's cool. Wanna sell it? :D

Back