Fuse for Cigarette Lighter

Alan

:
Mazda Protege 5
I was told that the cigarette lighter is powered off the radio. I have power to my radio, but the lighter socker doesn't work (I tried both the lighter itself and my cell phone adaptor). My dealer hasn't been particularly eager to help out.

I tried replacing the yellow (20 a) fuse on the top of the interior panel, without luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks folks,

Alan

cig ligther is NOT powered off of the radio one, it's a seperate fuse that makes little sense. I can't remember which exact one it is, but I believe it's a red fuse. It's been posted somewhere, but after I dig around in my car I'll postback if you haven't dfound it yet.

look in ur manual for the fuse box descriptions it'll probably be called Aux Power Socket or something to that sort....

it's a yellow 20a fuse in the kickpanel fusebox, I believe in the middle of the top row

I had to replace mine when a defective power inverter blew it

Hello Toucci My 12 volt Cigarette lighter is out also im going to try to replace the 20 amp fuse that you are talking about in the Top middle and see what happens. Hopefully that works!

I checked that 20 amp Fuse you were talking about and to no avail did it fix anything. The Fuse was still good but My Cigarette lighter is still broken. How do i fix this stupid thing?

Is there a wiring diagram for the cig lighter? I am wiring up gauges and would like to tap it for power.

Back